The RE-Build of Les Farms

she bred them im guessing!???!!!
axoa
what you doing now any new additions nowing you there will be around 50!!!!!
Need to make runs for the breeding pens and still have to put in the water. Always more needed!
Cute! Really cute!! Where'd you get the chicks?
I was given a bunch of hatching eggs from PEI Chicken on here. I hatched them here :)

Always more needed!
when isnt there?!?!?
hide.gif
gig.gif

Finally photographed the entire interior to show you guys!

Starting here.. Hallway from the Exit to the Entrance door. Both are dutch style doors. We have them open 24/7 for air flow. Pens on left and right in the exit hallway.

Hallway from the front entrance to the exit. We painted this entire area.. A whole lot of work and paint went into that.. 15 Gallons!

It was too white so we hung chicken decorations!

The Juvenile grow out pen. Currently home to 20 Houdans, 10 Easter Eggers, 5 Ameraucanas, 18 Silkies, Sweet Brown the duck and Pickles & Patty. Only at night though. They free range all day. It's the only room that is goat proof so far.. this is where everyone eats.

The Juvenile grow out pen again. Dust bath pan on the right. They get their water outside. Sweet Brown makes a terrible mess. You can see how I've made the door super narrow. The goats can not get through this, but the chicks and the smart adults can squeeze through.

The Meat King & Layer Chick pen. Once they are two weeks old I will open the pop door to the great big world. They are 11 days old right now, so this weekend it is!

The Meat King & Layer Chick pen again. Room to run around.

The pens from the hallway view. Susan installed shaving barriers all along them, but they like to roost and poop on the wrong side Good thing we have a shop vac!

The hallway that leads to the heated brooder room, and the goat room.

The brooders. Ignore the fly tape. The flies and mosquitoes are bad right now, so we have set out traps.

There is a light in the bottom pen because it's dark in there.

Here is the bottom brooder with the two partitions removed. The top brooder is currently empty, but also looks very similar (except it's taller of course).

Storage room looking out to the brooder room.

Storage Room. Can you spot anything special on the shelves?

More of the storage room. Kittens get fed in here.

The empty goat barn. The goats are living with the chickens right now. We have to dig a trench for the water in this room. We didn't want to do that after the bedding.. so it's being used for random things. Right now I have a very small hatch (4 chicks) in one of the playpens. I usually open this room up and the chickens lay in some boxes behind the light blue playpen. It's the coolest room in the barn in terms of temperature

Hallway that leads to chicken part of the barn. Henry has been spending his days inside the barn with the kittens instead of his kennel while we are at work. Trying to desensitize him to the chicks, and giving him something fun to do (play with his kittens). He loves it!

The roosts.

Going to have to brace this soon. You can see it sagging in the middle. Also, its not staggered very well, but right now no one sleeps on the lower roost, so no biggie.

The chicken barn (well, the geese and duck live in there too, so it's really the poultry barn). Dust bath pool in corner. Geese have their own pool outside.

Breeding pens in the Chicken Barn. Currently occupied by Margaret, and three different pens of silkies. Blue in one, White in the other two. The pen to the far right has two broody silkie hens with their chicks.

Last picture - the chicken barn again. The goats' feeding area. The chickens have taken to laying their eggs in the hay rack

See our sign: "Bless Our Farm"

:drool I love it! Just beautiful! I especially am liking the brooder setup! It all seems so clean now, enjoy that while you can! :lol:

I'm wondering, do you have anything over the doors to prevent nighttime critters from visiting your flock? Chicken wire makes me nervous.

droolin.gif
I love it! Just beautiful! I especially am liking the brooder setup! It all seems so clean now, enjoy that while you can!
lol.png

I'm wondering, do you have anything over the doors to prevent nighttime critters from visiting your flock? Chicken wire makes me nervous.
I am not too worried about minks/weasels in my area. The chicken wire is the smallest you can get (1 inch), and a chick can not fit out through it (even newly hatched). It's secured. Henry has tested it. All 70 pounds of him
duc.gif

A weasel COULD get through I guess. We just don't have the issue in our area *knock on wood*. With this heat, we have to allow that air flow. I guess I'm just risking it, but the risk is very low.

Raccoons: I really don't think they could rip this stuff off. It is not flimsy like the 2 inch chicken wire that is used mainly to keep chickens in. I've attempted to tear/rip it and it won't budge.

It's not stapled in like I would do if it was me to install it. It's done properly :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom