The "Reason for the Season"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an atheist but I'm not christian, wiccan, or druid either. I like that you represent the different views that have made up today's modern celebrations.

I love christmas, I love christmas music. I give gifts, decorate, and make a christmas meal. Why? Because any excuse to give people things, have a big meal, and see family is a good excuse IMO.

I also love watching people enjoy christmas no matter the reason. It makes me happy to see Christians happy and celebrating a faith they love dearly. It makes me happy to see Wiccans, and Druids, Buddhists and Jews all celebration their winter holidays and showing their love for their religions too. It's touching. Such celebrations bring out such joy.

It's hard to describe.

PS. and the chocolate covered cherries that come out this time of year.
droolin.gif

Quote:
X 2 and especially that box of chocolate covered cherries that I get every year.
droolin.gif

It is/should be a time of JOY whatever your reason.
love.gif

Thanks for posting this.. its good to see more than one side to something. We all can learn from it..
smile.png

Whatever your reason is for celebrating, just enjoy YOUR Christmas season!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
X 2 and especially that box of chocolate covered cherries that I get every year.
droolin.gif

love.gif

Ugh,, yuck! Cherries..
sickbyc.gif
( HI George,..
frow.gif
)

Quote:
droolin.gif

love.gif

Ugh,, yuck! Cherries..
sickbyc.gif
( HI George,..
frow.gif
)

Have you seen the chocolate covered blueberries? I want to try them.

Quote:
Ugh,, yuck! Cherries..
sickbyc.gif
( HI George,..
frow.gif
)

Have you seen the chocolate covered blueberries? I want to try them.

OOh, now i bet the blueberries are yummy!
yippiechickie.gif

Pagan here and merrily preparing to celebrate Yule !! Just wanted to give a big
thumbsup.gif
to Nimby Chickens for posting this information. A lot of people don't realize the true origin of the Christmas season and your information was posted in a very "non-threatening" manner that hopefully people will relate to and not automatically get defensive about.

I love the chocolate covered cherries - doubt I would like the chocolate covered blueberries. Have you seen the chocolate covered black cherries? I think those would be wonderful. I also love the Chocolate Oranges that we can only find here during the Holiday Season....so very tasty.

Anyway - I hope that everyone enjoys their own version of the Holidays and hopefully everyone will remember that there is not just one reason for the season - there are many !!

Happy Yule to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom