The "Reason for the Season"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I like the word insulty. I may steal that.

Your post insults me

hide.gif

But, but…Kristy! Say it ain’t so!
hugs.gif

Actually getting the tree and all that is involved in it is my least favorite part of Christmas time. I often refer to the whole thing as the "pagan christmas ritual" I am the minority in that subject as well.

Quote:
Thank you!
tongue.png

We're very strange people.

Ahhh, what can you do, hm? It is, what it is I say. That said I wish you a Merry Christmas and whatever makes it special for you!

Quote:
We're very strange people.

Ahhh, what can you do, hm? It is, what it is I say. That said I wish you a Merry Christmas and whatever makes it special for you!

tongue.png

thumbsup.gif

My favorite part is that I actually don't have to work this Christmas. I am sleeping in...so...late. I'm not sure what origin that comes from though. I think the ancient rites of Couchpotato Clan.

Quote:

I think you're confusing my emphasis on MY rather than THE with emphasizing IS. Saying "Jesus is THE reason for the season" implies it's EVERYONE'S reason. The non-absolute alternative for IS would be MAY BE, and that is not where I intended the emphasis. Asserting that you believe something to be true would cause you to say IS over MAY BE.

"Jesus IS my reason for the season" versus "Jesus MAY BE my reason for the season" is not what I was getting at.

smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom