The "Reason for the Season"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Please do. I'm just glad I managed to translate my thought into text.

:p

Hi Aqua!
frow.gif

Hi KristyHall!

frow.gif

One of the attributes of Jesus is when he is seen in the believer...and non-believer. I am not sure everyone that puts that bumpersticker on their car is saying all should believe but as a Christian it would seem more of announcement of appreciation. I will admit some cars especially the ones that seem held together by bumperstickers are trying to get a point across. I do understand where you are coming from though.
Quote:

I think you're confusing my emphasis on MY rather than THE with emphasizing IS. Saying "Jesus is THE reason for the season" implies it's EVERYONE'S reason. The non-absolute alternative for IS would be MAY BE, and that is not where I intended the emphasis. Asserting that you believe something to be true would cause you to say IS over MAY BE.

"Jesus IS my reason for the season" versus "Jesus MAY BE my reason for the season" is not what I was getting at.

smile.png

Somehow I get the impression that a few of you were
making fun of me.

That's just not nice. You're all just a bunch of BCYer's!

What a wonderful bunch that is. And I'm glad to be a part of it.

Criskin, you know I wasn't really insulting you. It was meant in jest.

Spook

Quote:
Spoken like a true BYCer.

You mean like that?
lol.png

That was perfect! You must know an old Southern matriarch. In my experience, no one can beat 'em when it comes to lacing a sharp tongue with honey.

AquaEyes, I like your writing on this thread. I've also noticed and admired your posts on other threads. You have a nice, logical way of articulating your point.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom