The "refrigerator egg" thread

Here's a secret about Frizzles- they are deceivingly SOFT! Their feathers make them look like the texture would be rough compared to a normal chicken, but it is the exact opposite! Petting one is like touching VELVET!

I'm starting to realize I sell all of my chicks really cheap, compared to others. But it's fine for me. My chickens are pets first, money "recoupers" second (cause I sure as hell don't make a profit, lol).

But mostly that comment came from a previous conversation Chickie Momma and I had about someone charging $30 for a silkie chick...
And it probably wasn't even purebred!

Last edited:
My refrigerator eggs being incubated by my broody EE are developing vasculature at day #3!!!
Sooooo happy! Even the egg I tossed under her yesterday is showing promising changes :D
next time I candle I will take pics of the refrigerator eggs to post! :celebrate

YAY!
Mine are all doing very well. ALL of the eggs due that day (the 21st) are showing signs of development except one. And that one that isn't, came from a pen with a VERY young rooster. I'm actually incubating those eggs and watching them, JUST to find out when he starts breeding. So the fact that it's not showing anything, isn't really a bad thing. It just means he isn't old enough yet. But he's with one laying hen, and a pullet who is about 1 month older than him, plus two that are the same age that he is. He's the only male in there, so once he starts, I'll DEFINITELY know, lol!

Im afraid one of the two refrigerator eggs has not made it any longer. It has a round red circle on oneside of it like it wasnt turned? But it was under the hen. My other hen keeps disturbing her by getting in the nest to lay her daily egg...even though I made her a new even better nest. I think I am going to get Helen a covered tote with a pre cut hole in the end so she can leave the nest if ever she will! That way maybe crazy Lucy will leave her alone...:D

The other refrig egg is developing just fine! The one in my bra is adorable here is today's pic of MY egg.
Day #12

Also BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:
Born at 0053 this morning Zephyr Orion Hart

My first grandchild, a grandson!!!!:weee

Back
Top Bottom