The Rhode Island Red Thread

klondike24680

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 6, 2012
Sheridan' Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
I LUV RHODE ISLAND REDS! ANYONE CAN POST ON THIS THREAD WHETHER YOU OWN ONE OR NOT! POST PICTURES! I HAVE A RHODE ISLAND RED INBUCATING EGGS RIGHT NOW! DUE DO HATCH ON THE 30TH ANY HALOWEEN NAME IDEAS?

chicklover23

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 19, 2012
NC
that's awesome i really like the breed too
big_smile.png
i have a whole lot but have no pictures yet, good names would be
cockerel:spooky, gremlin
pullet: moonlight, moonshine

klondike24680

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 6, 2012
Sheridan' Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
Thanks! Out of four eggs one is developing kinda bummed. But still! Really exciting. Yeah my Rhode Island Red is named Pumpkin ( I know original right?) But she still my most favorite hen ever!

Last edited:

BuffyB1970

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 23, 2012
Question for you... I am just starting to do my research to possible get chickens in the spring, I am looking for a good egg layer (with poss. for meat), good in all climates ( I am in Ohio), friendly, and calm. Does the RIR fit into that catagory?
Thanks!

Chris09

Circle (M) Ranch
10 Years
Jun 1, 2009
Ohio
Question for you... I am just starting to do my research to possible get chickens in the spring, I am looking for a good egg layer (with poss. for meat), good in all climates ( I am in Ohio), friendly, and calm. Does the RIR fit into that catagory?
Thanks!

Yup.

Chris

klondike24680

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 6, 2012
Sheridan' Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
Thanks!
YES THEY ARE VERY GOOD EGG LAYERS. THEY SHOULD LAY AT LEAST ONCE A DAY, BUT I PERFER THEM AS JUST EGG LAYERS NOT MEAT BIRDS.

cluckadoddledoo

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 18, 2012
We purchased a chick this summer .... not knowing the sex.... looked like this...

He is HUGE! compared to all our over birds, still has a lot of filling out to do, it is a Roo right?

He's so friendly but doesn't realise his size yet as he's still at the bottom of the pecking order yet :)

Top Bottom