The Rhode Island Red Thread

klondike24680

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 6, 2012
Sheridan' Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
I LUV RHODE ISLAND REDS! ANYONE CAN POST ON THIS THREAD WHETHER YOU OWN ONE OR NOT! POST PICTURES! I HAVE A RHODE ISLAND RED INBUCATING EGGS RIGHT NOW! DUE DO HATCH ON THE 30TH ANY HALOWEEN NAME IDEAS?

that's awesome i really like the breed too
big_smile.png
i have a whole lot but have no pictures yet, good names would be
cockerel:spooky, gremlin
pullet: moonlight, moonshine

Thanks! Out of four eggs one is developing kinda bummed. But still! Really exciting. Yeah my Rhode Island Red is named Pumpkin ( I know original right?) But she still my most favorite hen ever!

Last edited:
Question for you... I am just starting to do my research to possible get chickens in the spring, I am looking for a good egg layer (with poss. for meat), good in all climates ( I am in Ohio), friendly, and calm. Does the RIR fit into that catagory?
Thanks!

Question for you... I am just starting to do my research to possible get chickens in the spring, I am looking for a good egg layer (with poss. for meat), good in all climates ( I am in Ohio), friendly, and calm. Does the RIR fit into that catagory?
Thanks!

Yup.

Chris

Thanks!
YES THEY ARE VERY GOOD EGG LAYERS. THEY SHOULD LAY AT LEAST ONCE A DAY, BUT I PERFER THEM AS JUST EGG LAYERS NOT MEAT BIRDS.

We purchased a chick this summer .... not knowing the sex.... looked like this...

He is HUGE! compared to all our over birds, still has a lot of filling out to do, it is a Roo right?

He's so friendly but doesn't realise his size yet as he's still at the bottom of the pecking order yet :)

Back
Top Bottom