The Rhodebar thread!

I have rhodebar roo that is huge. I have seen him breed a silkie hen without damage.The process reminded me of those topper campers that a truck backs under. The roo didn't even have his feet on her but to the side. I agree with you with hurting the hens but it could be done. 

That is pretty funny. I actually have the opposite issue, a bunch of mature hens of different types with a silkie that just realized he was a rooster today.

That is pretty funny. I actually have the opposite issue, a bunch of mature hens of different types with a silkie that just realized he was a rooster today.

lau.gif

Hoping this isn't to off topic, I figure it could be educational for the Rhodebar people from a genetics standpoint. From being in this thread I know this is where I'm going to find the most informed people regarding these colors/markings, so I'm hoping a few will chime in.

This is NOT a Rhodebar, he is a "Pioneer". He did have a head spot as a chick. I'm curious about his potential genetic makeup, and especially about the mainly solid black tail feathers. He does have a couple that are barred, but most are black.

I have been following this thread for some time now. I understand what a Rhodebar roo should look like and there are awesome pictures of him. I cannot for the life of me understand what a quality Rhodebar hen looks like. Please don't say RIR hen standards.. I need pictures because I am a visual person. Just curious so I can cull the non type hens.

Stryker, this is a F1 pullet. You can already see some improvements. Body starting to look that of RIR . Color needs to be darker and body more brick shape. Barring needs to be cleaner. Hope this helps.

Stryker, this is a F1 pullet. You can already see some improvements. Body starting to look that of RIR . Color needs to be darker and body more brick shape. Barring needs to be cleaner. Hope this helps.
OK, So let me get this straight. The hen needs to be close to the same color like the roo that you have behind her? This helps alot.

Back
Top Bottom