The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
We also bought Rhodebars from Greenfire. I have been reading the posts about green eggs and waiting to see what we got. We have two roosters and a half dozen hens. All are now laying and someone IS laying a green egg, while all others are the correct RIR brown egg. We have decided we will eat all the green eggs and hatch from the others. We have made arrangements to get some Mohawk line large foul RIR. We intend to breed those true but will also use some hens to darken our Rhodebars. Don't know what happened with GF Rhodebars to produce the green eggs but it seems many are finding them in their nests.

Sorry but I can't help but to find this all so funny... :) LOL.... Reminds me too much in a way of a story told in a Sandburg poem about a country couple gone to Chicago and at the top of the tallest build in the city at that time a city fellow told the couple that the building was one of the seven wonders of the modern world... that the building was on a turn table and for a small price of 25 bucks he would go down into the basement and cause the whole building to rotate.... he left, they waited... he never returned.... :) sorry :) lol

Keith
SC
USA

Wish I had read this thread before dealing with greenfirefarms!

Sent these day old chicks instead of unrelated pair 5 to 8 weeks old.

Rhodebars arrived today. Put them in a bigger box and they are sleeping in the kitchen tonight. Finished their brooder this afternoon. Have to move it to where it it's going, run an extension cord to it, and throw some shavings in it.

Bielefelder chicks were dead on arrival.
Was supposed to be a pair 6 to 8 weeks old.

They called Tuesday and supposedly the pen they keep their juveniles birds in got flooded. The birds had a respiratory infection. They wanted to know if I would accept day old chicks. I was getting more birds so I said yes.

Now I'm reading about all the different people with rhodebars laying green eggs from greenfirefarms. Of course my luck, would be the high priced chicks arrive dead.

They called Tuesday and supposedly the pen they keep their juveniles birds in got flooded. The birds had a respiratory infection. They wanted to know if I would accept day old chicks. I was getting more birds so I said yes.

Now I'm reading about all the different people with rhodebars laying green eggs from greenfirefarms. Of course my luck, would be the high priced chicks arrive dead.

Oh, man this is horrible. I am so sorry for you. That would have been a very bad day, opening that box of dead chicks. :(I hope your luck changes for the better!

**** there is a crest!
that correct. she has Cream legbar blood in them, and she will lay green eggs because of that, I wonder Why GFF crossed CCL with Rhodbars, to mantain the Autosexing trait? to expand the gene pool? I would rather had them cross the few Rhodebars they had with R.I.R stock, even if the Autosexing trait was lost for a while, why? for ovious reasons, first Type(Rhodebars should have RIR type) and enhanced color(feather and egg). but these type of issues happens when you are not well inform on genetics and breeding programs. they should start reading these forums

Wish I had read this thread before dealing with greenfirefarms!

Sent these day old chicks instead of unrelated pair 5 to 8 weeks old.

Rhodebars arrived today. Put them in a bigger box and they are sleeping in the kitchen tonight. Finished their brooder this afternoon. Have to move it to where it it's going, run an extension cord to it, and throw some shavings in it.

Bielefelder chicks were dead on arrival.
Was supposed to be a pair 6 to 8 weeks old.

How awful. I am getting choked up looking at the pictures. I was so worried when I had chicks shipped last year. I think hat at least for now, I am going with hatching eggs and no live chicks.

Back
Top Bottom