The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
So you lose the auto sexing with the single bar? Or do you mean it woont be as pronounced?
now that I think about it... you will not lose the autosexing trait at all, it wont be as pronounced(dark males vs light males).... the males will have a headspot but wont be as diluted, females will lack the headspot, the only issue will be that 50% of you females will not be barred. they will be normal RIR. which is not bad at all, that way you can see how good your type is compared to RIR. if you cant distinguish them from RIR then you are doing a good job..

so single barred males(nice dark barring) mated to dark barred females will give you autosexing chicks(males vs females) but you will also get RIR looking females

Waiting on my little Rhodebar Hen to get old enough to breed feels like its going to take a CENTURY!!!!!!!!
old.gif
Im getting impatient... haha Im soo ready for Rhodebar chicks..

I believe people go for the hatchery lines because they were crossed with heavy production birds to pick up their egg production. I have a breeder that has heritage lines and he warns people that his line produce less eggs so the act of crossing chickens to production, hatchery or crossed lines is to get that egg production back into the chicken. At least from what I have read, correct me if I am wrong. I would believe the ideal chicken is the sexing, egg producing chicken. That might be the only thing I know about this process, I am learning as much as I can by asking questions too.

Waiting on my little Rhodebar Hen to get old enough to breed feels like its going to take a CENTURY!!!!!!!!
old.gif
Im getting impatient... haha Im soo ready for Rhodebar chicks..
a trio of maybe 4wk olds brought $27 a piece at Newcastle auction last night. Not sure who brought them, but I will find out when I talk to Scoots next. Was to see them at the auction Wonder how many others in Oklahoma have rhodebars.

Back
Top Bottom