The Rhodebar thread!

Quote:
you are spot on... a Barred RIR is just that, because of wheaten, wheaten wont allow for chicks to be sexed and e+/eWh females when bred to pure Rhodebar males will only yield 50% autosexing chicks, the other e+/eWh are not

That would be fantastic if these are pullets! More eggs for me. But, why are they getting those long rooster tail feathers? I've been waiting to see pullet or cockerel with these two because their head spots weren't as white as I have seen in pictures, but were definite spots. I figured those tail feathers were a slam dunk. Either way I won't breed these two. There is no reason to carry on wrong genetics. It sounds like GFF made a mess of this breed here in the US. That is sad. My brooder and grow out pen are being used right now, when I have the spaces available I'll look for different lines to get started with.

So it would be safe to say that the Greenfire birds aren't Rhodebars

I suspect some are and some are not. Penny has actually followed the history of the GFF Rhodebars more than anyone I believe. Maybe she will come in. @melroseladi ?

Last edited:
So it would be safe to say that the Greenfire birds aren't Rhodebars
Genetically speaking 95% of their stock arent Rhodebars, Rhodebars are more than just autosexing breed, they have to have a semblance of RIR and that includes genes like columbian... thats like if you took the columbian gene out of the RIR, they would not be Classified as such

thats why efforts like the one on this thread, to bring them back to their old self(Barred autosexing RIR) are very important to the breed that is only a shell/shodow of its former self(GFF stock)

Last edited:
[/IMG]
OK, so here's some clearer pics of the boys. What's the verdict?

Back
Top Bottom