The Rhodebar thread!

thats a cockerel you have right there, did he looked like a pullet at hatch? becuase if he did then he may be a single barred male, he does have nice coloring and uniform barring..

How can you tell it is a cockerel? Yes it looked like a pullet at hatch. It is about 15 weeks old. It does have a large comb and wattles, but the mother hen has a large comb and wattles. The tail feathers are solid colored and have a green sheen. The tail is the only place that it has no barring. If this is a cockerel, it is the only one that I have hatched that looked like this. The rest have been a lot lighter colors, like this one.

I was suspicious of it's tail. I will post more pics as he matures. I have a lot more young pullets and cockerels and will be looking for advice on them to. I really want to improve on the birds that I have, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been chasing chickens all over my property trying to get some good photos. They seem to know when I am about to snap a photo, because they take off at that exact moment. With a little persistence I was able to get a couple. These are about 12-13 weeks old.

The one in the second photo has an odd coloration to me.

Back
Top Bottom