The Rhodebar thread!

What use is a F1 cockerel other than dumplings
I am not sure what Dumplings are(maybe culls?) but F1s are very important to these type of breeding improvement programs, if you take the F1 rooster and breed him back to good quality RIR pulets, this will provided you birds that have some much of the good type RIR have that Rhodbars lack, while you keep the e+/eWh B/- females

I hope this photo is visible... it's my Little Rhodebar Man.

And here is another of him on his perch, lol.

Last edited:
they wont, they never do, I hand raised a rooster since chick and when he matured he attacked by him when he matured, I guess I was like a mother to him, so I guess he thought he could mate with me... poor thing I had to put him down

Shhhhh........ let's not think bad just yet, lol. The man I bought him from told me his father (Little Man's father) had never flogged him and has been quite docile for a rooster. I hope that trait was passed on.
fl.gif

Rhodebar roosters are one of the sweetest breeds we've raised :). our boys have always handled well. I was wondering on some input on our hen Delilah, she had perfect chipmunk markings as a chick, and i'm just trying to wrap my head around the ideal adult plumage. here she is, she's almost a year old now.

Consider your self lucky tasty, but maybe not for long !! My Rhodebar roosters were the worst !! Handled by my daughters daily since they were chicks and then all of a sudden holy terrors !!
The hens on the other hand were the sweetest, most polite little girls !!

Back
Top Bottom