The Rhodebar thread!

Nicalandia, I love your honesty. Thank you .. Is that roo a poster child as well? If he is, he might fill the pot... Glad that I didn't pay that much for them as chicks. ... Has anyone tried rose comb Rhodebars since these are not that good quality of birds?

Nicalandia,  I love your honesty. Thank you .. Is that roo a poster child as well? If he is, he might fill the pot... Glad that I didn't pay that much for them as chicks. ... Has anyone tried rose comb Rhodebars since these are not that good quality of birds? 

Yes, my breed improvement project is Rhodebars and rose comb standard bred RIR
Buckeyes have a pea comb but I have no idea what their other genetic makeup is as far as Co, e+, etc

Last edited:
Yes, my breed improvement project is Rhodebars and rose comb standard bred RIR
Buckeyes have a pea comb but I have no idea what their other genetic makeup is as far as Co, e+, etc

I thought that buckeyes have rose combs. That is how new I am to this chicken breeding. LOL...

Quote:
Buckeyes are eWh/eWh Co/Co s+/s+ and Mh/Mh but I would stay away from them as they are peacombs and lack RIR type, unless they want to create the BuckBar... an autosexing Buckeye breed
Unrelated but... I'm curious... What is the makeup of the barred rock. co+/co+, eWh/eWh, B/B ??? Just a random guess. I really have no idea. Are both sexes double barred?

Back
Top Bottom