The Rhodebar thread!

Rhodebars I'm buying this coming weekend. Do they all look like promising breeders?

Clearly autosexed, that's a good start. :D
Haha yup :) I was just reviewing the posts in this thread and saw a lot of criticism. Just want to make sure what I'm buying is going to be good quality because I don't know much about Rhodebar. I'm wanting to start breeding and selling.

Clearly autosexed, that's a good start. :D
Haha yup :) I was just reviewing the posts in this thread and saw a lot of criticism. Just want to make sure what I'm buying is going to be good quality because I don't know much about Rhodebar. I'm wanting to start breeding and selling.

First step is to make sure they are easily autosexable (not always as easy as you'd think).
Then once they feather out, make sure the feathering is correct...
If that's correct, then begin working on type, etc.
So you've got step 1 down. ;-)

Last edited:
First step is to make sure they are easily autosexable (not always as easy as you'd think).
Then once they feather out, make sure the feathering is correct...
If that's correct, then begin working on type, etc.
So you've got step 1 down. ;-)

I know its been posted...somewhere...but does someone have photos of correct feathering vs. Not? At various stages? More of a visual learner... :) thx!

What do you call a White Chantecler roo over a barred rock? I don't understand this barring stuff or is there not a name for them other than mutt lol...
You should get a black sex link . Chicks should be mostly black . Males will have a white head spot . Unless the Chantecler is dominant white . Then no sex linkage as the chicks would be mostly white and you could not see a white head spot on a white chick .

Back
Top Bottom