The Rhodebar thread!

They are few and far between. Watch out for excessive black. Especially in breast .
In a few years you will be able to find some really good RB . There are some of us that are working on improving the breed and correcting the flaws. Redridge is one, I am and a few others. She has done really well and they are looking really good. They should have the look of a Rhode Island Red , dark red, horn color on beak and legs, and the brick shape body.. But only barred and auto sexing.
Redridge ( Sheri)is a mentor, she and niclandia (Marvin)help me with the genetic side . They are great people! I am sure if you ask them questions they would be glad to help. I hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

If anyone in the Ohio area would be interested in a free cockerel...

Please PM me...
Thanks

I am curious as to how these birds appear to measure up in the breed guide lines. I just bought them at an auction and I know very little of the breed, but liked how they looked.

I am curious as to how these birds appear to measure up in the breed guide lines. I just bought them at an auction and I know very little of the breed, but liked how they looked.

From what I understand, their ideal type is the same as a heritage Rhode Island Red. As far as coloring goes, I have yet to find an answer of what a perfect Rhodebar looks like. Not too much black in the hackles and saddles(I believe), but that's all I (think) I know. Good luck finding your answers! They are pretty birds!

This Is Sheri's ( red ridge ) improvement Rhodebars . The male is single barred, the color should be similar to the red in him and the females. Very good looking improved RB!!The next generation will be double barred males. Color should still be nice mahagony red and have double bars. Hope this helps

Last edited:
He looks very nice! I am trying to develop a correct eye for the RB and cannot wait until I get more. It will be Spring now before I add to what I have.
I will try and get picture of the two young hens that I hatched with eggs from a breeder from the NE.

Sorry I haven't checked in in months... a broken and torn shoulder last spring followed by surgery has meant typing has been off the agenda for a while.
Thought I'd check in and see how everyone's rhodebar breeding programs are going and post a few pics from my most recent hatch.
Hope everyone's summer was profitable and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom