• They are Ok

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Meet "PJ"
(Son of DR Pepper)
IMG_20170714_193417.jpg

This is another adolescent roo raised to respect our companionship and he trusts us and excepts our company.
Nonaggressive and socially except able with human interaction.
IMG_20170714_193410.jpg

Teach your roos early that you are not a threat, and you will have a healthy relationship with your male chicken!
IMG_20170714_193424.jpg

A little chunky monkey.
PJ, the little man!
FC

Post pics talk about information and tell stories of your roosters!

Meet MAX!
6-20-12 053.jpg

Maxie got out casted
to the pasture by Dr. Pepper. He lives out with the goats now. He was supposed to be a RI Red pullet when we bought him. But you know how that goes.
6-20-12 056.jpg

Gorgeous Rooster.. Just a woosie!
We love him anyway.

FC

View attachment 1072473
My rooster wears diapers. That's because, he's an indoor chicken because I'm not supposed to have a rooster in the city because... cuckadoodle-doo.
hahahaha oh this is so funny... and I'm in exactly the same situation as you.... I have an almost identical Silkie rooster - who was supposed to be a girl! But he is SO tame. And he doesn't crow that loud... maybe I should try your example, and see if both my husband and my 2 cats put up wiht it, but I doubt that (especially my husband....).

hahahaha oh this is so funny... and I'm in exactly the same situation as you.... I have an almost identical Silkie rooster - who was supposed to be a girl! But he is SO tame. And he doesn't crow that loud... maybe I should try your example, and see if both my husband and my 2 cats put up wiht it, but I doubt that (especially my husband....).

My husband was the one that told me - I have 2 choices, put the rooster in a kennel indoors or send him back to the farm. So, he stayed in a dog kennel indoors but then everybody wants to play with him and so we were having to wipe poop off kids' shirts and pants and so my husband said put the dog diaper on him. Of course, that doesn't work so I scrounged the internet for chicken diapers... the internet never disappoints. But the chicken diaper was around $50! I decided to make my own out of scrap cloth I have lying around. It wasn't too difficult - I'm not savvy with the sewing machine but I have lots of experience making halloween costumes. I can share the pattern if you like!

Just something to be careful about - there are lots of hazards inside the house for the chicken. My rooster will eat anything dropped on the floor and would also peck on frayed carpet threads. Also, cooking on anything with teflon is hazardous to chickens. So keeping the chicken from going outside a specific safe zone is required.

Give it a shot! It's super awesome. Especially for silkies who can't fly up more than 2 feet! Easy to keep in a safe zone. :)

Can someone help me with this breed

Attachments

• 20170719_110939.jpg
    20170719_110939.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20170719_111951.jpg
    20170719_111951.jpg
    787 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom