Do you like roosters?

• Yes

Votes: 106 87.6%
  • They are Ok

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I didn't notice that you have a blog till I read ChuSayBok's post last night. I decided to give it a quick look. I was really tired, so I only read a little bit, but it was hilarious! :lau Gave me some good chuckles. I'll be back to read more about your chicken adventures as I get time. Great reading!
GOOD! Exactly what it is supposed to do! (although, there are stories in there with real emotional pathos ... especially if you go back to the 'tale of two roosters' saga).

AND ... if your laughing, then you've either made the same mistakes along the way or are smart enough to know to never take advice from some kook on the interwebs, even if he does write a blog :D

We bought 5 "pullets" from Tractor Supply and ended up with our Roo, Charm. We go into the pen with a whiffle ball bat, and he would literally bite and NOT LET GO as a chick. But he'll attempt murder on enemies of his flock. Which is strange because he's an absolute bully.

The council are still complaining and came in with a mysterious "anonymous complaint" which they apparently didn't have a date or time in which it was filed... I find it strange as for the entire time I had him, there were no complaints and they didn't even know I had him, but the moment the council found out I had him during a visit, they suddenly had this complaint with no background information at all about it, which sounds quite suspicious to me.

I stood my ground and refused to budge on it, and they said they'll get the environmental health agency involved to record the place at random times of the day and said they'd fine me and possibly send me to court if they deemed him a 'nuisance', which I bet they would even if they heard him crow once, no matter at what time it was in the day...
Despite the neighborhood dogs barking and howling, wild birds chattering and feeding their young, migratory seagulls screeching, crows and ravens cawing, the neighbors doing yard work and construction, people zooming by and revving on their motorbikes, adults yelling and laughing about random stuff and kids playing outside and yelling and screaming at the tops of their lungs being much louder than my Rooroo, who is kept inside in the mornings and at night.

So... I made my own no-crow collar as I had the materials to make them, and he has taken to his collar very well and, while it doesn't prevent crowing and instead reduces the volume, he hasn't crowed while it is on. The whole reason they want me to get rid of him is due to being a 'noise nuisance', so now they really have no leg to stand on about me having to get rid of him.
"I can confirm that we would grant permission for you to keep chickens however we would not grant permission for a cockerel due to the noise nuisance that can be caused to others."

But if they withhold the permission to keep him now, due to him no longer being a noise nuisance due to the no crow collar I put on him, they'd be going against their own previous words about not unreasonably withholding permission/consent.
"7. Pets allowed (only one Cat or Dog), Written permission must be obtained prior to obtaining additional pets or other livestock, consent will not be unreasonably withheld."

The council are still complaining and came in with a mysterious "anonymous complaint" which they apparently didn't have a date or time in which it was filed... I find it strange as for the entire time I had him, there were no complaints and they didn't even know I had him, but the moment the council found out I had him during a visit, they suddenly had this complaint with no background information at all about it, which sounds quite suspicious to me.

I stood my ground and refused to budge on it, and they said they'll get the environmental health agency involved to record the place at random times of the day and said they'd fine me and possibly send me to court if they deemed him a 'nuisance', which I bet they would even if they heard him crow once, no matter at what time it was in the day...
Despite the neighborhood dogs barking and howling, wild birds chattering and feeding their young, migratory seagulls screeching, crows and ravens cawing, the neighbors doing yard work and construction, people zooming by and revving on their motorbikes, adults yelling and laughing about random stuff and kids playing outside and yelling and screaming at the tops of their lungs being much louder than my Rooroo, who is kept inside in the mornings and at night.

So... I made my own no-crow collar as I had the materials to make them, and he has taken to his collar very well and, while it doesn't prevent crowing and instead reduces the volume, he hasn't crowed while it is on. The whole reason they want me to get rid of him is due to being a 'noise nuisance', so now they really have no leg to stand on about me having to get rid of him.
"I can confirm that we would grant permission for you to keep chickens however we would not grant permission for a cockerel due to the noise nuisance that can be caused to others."

But if they withhold the permission to keep him now, due to him no longer being a noise nuisance due to the no crow collar I put on him, they'd be going against their own previous words about not unreasonably withholding permission/consent.
"7. Pets allowed (only one Cat or Dog), Written permission must be obtained prior to obtaining additional pets or other livestock, consent will not be unreasonably withheld."
Hmmmm, sounds like you need to move out to the country! That's what we did, and we LOVE it! And our wonderful neighbors couldn't care less about our rooster crowing. :yesss:

Hmmmm, sounds like you need to move out to the country! That's what we did, and we LOVE it! And our wonderful neighbors couldn't care less about our rooster crowing. :yesss:

I have thought on moving, but it is too much money, plus where I live USED to be country, it even has farm in it's name and has huge fields literally down the road from where I live that used to have sheep, cattle and horses on it as well as wheat and mustard crops, as well as a community farm I did volunteer work at with goats, ponies, and all sorts of ducks and chickens, and lots of people used to keep chickens including my old school friends, one of which brought chicks in on a show your pet day, but not anymore. We even have a canal that we used to fish at, but it became so polluted that anything that DOES live in there now is likely poisonous to eat, and I keep hearing of bodies being found in it and people who swim in it getting sick, and I really don't want to be the one to discover a rotting corpse or fall in and become ill.

We even used to have small stores and a country-themed pub that had auctions, which is where I got my pet tarantula I used to have, but they went out of business, were burnt, knocked down and the pub had more houses built over them after a few years while the shopping area is still bare and is now used by campers and such, so now we have to travel miles to go to shops, never mind hospitals as our hospital is pretty much only for diagnosing, and you have to go to the other hospital that is in the city to get treated. Pretty much my town has been dying and our council thinks putting down more houses and harassing the residents instead of, well, making shops or letting residents be more self-sufficient are more important. :barnie Plus the police and hospital forces around here are pathetic, ring up about a friend having a seizure and they hang you up because you are too panicked, or the troubled and bored youths, as there's literally nothing for them to do these days, constantly throwing rocks at the windows and kicking down the fences and the police constantly just "having a word with them" which just leads to them pelting the house and kicking the fence even more.

Our neighbors don't mind our roo, and no one has come to us regarding him, and only after the council found out we had him they all of the sudden has this mysterious complaint with no origins behind it.

Back
Top Bottom