The Run Is Done! **PIC HEAVY**

Good job.........
thumbsup.gif

AL

Look nice and secure. But I was wondering where the birds can go to get shelter from rain?

Nice work .

The title of your post "The Run Is Done!" is wrong.

Having chickens is always a work in progress.

You will never be "Done"

I know I never will be.

David

Quote:
First off, nice job. Looks like you hit all the high points on that one.

Second, what is DE? (Reference above quote.)

Soupie. I wonder if the chicken understands the reference. LOL. Love it.

wow- great job!!

I have something very similiar to what you've got! It works really well in my mild climate.

We didn't use a dog kennel though. We made a sort of open air coop-run combo with heavy gauge wire framing on all sides, with a smaller wooden coop inside(actually an old dog house). The result looks very similar to what you've got. We also used tons of zip ties!!

Someone suggested that they might need a little more protection from rain.
For ours to protect from rain and elements I simply tied an old large tarp over the top. It works great! Does it look pretty? Nope- but my chickens don't seem to mind.

Now that I have the tarp over it, the ground stays pretty dry- I dumped a few bags of sand in there and they love it!

I did end up adding a bigger run area onto ours eventually. Like someone else said- you're never really finished- esp if your chickens are spoiled!!!

I'm glad you shared your pictures. My 4 hens are happy in their similiar arrangement. Hope yours are having fun-looks like Soupy is!

Back
Top Bottom