The saddest songs??

How about Angel by Sarah McLachlan?

My daughter cries every time she hears it because we played it at my Dad's memorial service. That an Go Rest High On That Mountain by Vince Gill.

Take care,

Tami

Peter gabriel "Come Talk To Me" I watched my dad break down and a cry a few times while listening to this after my mom died.

Robbie Robertson "Broken Arrow" Because when I was a kid this was my moms favorite song. She would always be so happy listening to it.

Broken arrow

come talk to me

Last edited:
Quote:
My daughter LOVES the Christmas shoes song,
but I think one of my favs is
"Go rest high on that Mountain" by Vince Gill
Some others are
"If you're reading this" Tim McGraw
"What hurts the most" by Rascal Flatts
"Whiskey Lullaby" Brad Paisley and Dolly Partton
"I will remember you" by Sarah McLachlan ( not country)

Can you tell I like country?

Stephanie

Oh my gosh, I LIVED the song What Hurts The Most. I cry every singly time I hear it.

Whiskey Lullaby and Christmas Shoes do it too.

Quote:
About the pony and the little girl? That is a sad one.
sad.png

Taxi is a song written and performed by Harry Chapin from his album Heads and Tales (1972). In 1980, Chapin wrote a successor to the song, titled Sequel (on the album of the same name).

The song, tells the story of a cab driver in San Francisco (also named 'Harry') who encounters his last fare for the night in the rain, and discovers she is his ex-lover, 'Sue'. She in turn recognises him:

She said, 'How are you, Harry?'
I said, 'How are you, Sue?
Through the too many miles and the too little smiles,
I still remember you.'

Sue had wanted to be an actress, while Harry was going to learn to fly: "She took off to find the footlights / I took off to find the sky." The reunion, however, does not result in a happy ending. Harry drives her back to her home, where "he's acting happy, inside her handsome home". Harry, meanwhile, says that "...I'm flying in my taxi, taking tips and getting stoned. I go flyin' so high, when I'm stoned"

He continues the story of Harry and Sue with them meeting again ten years later in Sequel.

In the song, Harry, now a successful musician, decides to take a taxi to Sue's 16 Parkside Lane address only to discover that she no longer lives there. He later finds her at a rundown apartment where she once again recognises him:

And she said, “How are you Harry?
Haven't we played this scene before?”
I said, “It's so good to see you, Sue
Had to play it out just once more.

Sue has nothing, but is happy with herself. The song, like Taxi, once again ends with them saying goodbye. The song ends with:

I guess it's a sequel to our story
From the journey 'tween heaven and hell
With half the time thinking of what might have been
and half thinkin' just as well.
I guess only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom