The saga continues....feel free to bang your head against the wall too

Quote:
I agree! I recently had to rehome two of my dogs because our neighbors (who began renting a house down the street a few months after we bought ours) don't have a fence and have 5 large dogs that run wild. They poop in people's yards, pee on my newspaper and growl and act threatening to people. Before these neighbors moved in, my dogs stayed safely in our large yard within their chain link fence but after being constantly harassed and tortured by the neighbor's dogs, they started breaking out/digging under and terrorizing the neighborhood as well. It broke my heart to part with them but after months of repairing & re-securing my fence to no avail I knew it was the responsible thing to do. They are safe and happy now with their new owners, but it still burns me up that I had to give up my dogs because someone else refused to be responsible about theirs!

Quote:
I agree! I recently had to rehome two of my dogs because our neighbors (who began renting a house down the street a few months after we bought ours) don't have a fence and have 5 large dogs that run wild. They poop in people's yards, pee on my newspaper and growl and act threatening to people. Before these neighbors moved in, my dogs stayed safely in our large yard within their chain link fence but after being constantly harassed and tortured by the neighbor's dogs, they started breaking out/digging under and terrorizing the neighborhood as well. It broke my heart to part with them but after months of repairing & re-securing my fence to no avail I knew it was the responsible thing to do. They are safe and happy now with their new owners, but it still burns me up that I had to give up my dogs because someone else refused to be responsible about theirs!

that is sooo sad! we own 2 acres across the street from our home and the neighbors to it let their dogs (and their children,
lau.gif
)run free. Our babes are usually so well behaved that we can leave the gate open between the yards and they will stay in whichever one we are- UNLESS the neighbors beasts are out. their beasts (that includes the kids) run up and down along the fence trying to rile up our dogs, and when I walked out there yesterday, I even found where they had thrown a toy gun at them. Found another one laying up against the fence - the one inside wasn't working which explains why they tossed it. It really bothers me because the fence has barb wire on it, and we didn't put it in, and as we have been working on the land have found many scraps half buried all over the place. Not only could the dogs get injured but so could the brats. the neighbor's side of the fence slopes abruptly down and is loose sandy dirt, and rarely do I see the parents watching them.
barnie.gif

Quote:
oh, i so agree with you on this! people need to be RESPONSIBLE pet owners...couple of short stories:
Neighbor 1 had numerous dogs that would dig under my fenced yard to get to my female dobie (yes, she was in heat but she was going to be bred once & fixed), who was in a kennel inside my fenced yard. I live on 2 acres, as do they but their yard is NOT completely fenced. Needless to say, my dobie got pregnant from their dog...

Neighbor 2 has a couple of dogs (1m/1f); I have 2 American Bulldogs, father & son (Roscoe neutered, Buster not quite old enough). My dogs stay inside my yard; no problems with that. One day I find neighbor 2's male dog in my yard & BOTH my dogs are attacking it. Finally get them all separated & Neighbor 2 gets her dog back into her yard & to the vet. They apparently did NOT fix the hole the dog dug to get in my yard & I'll be danged if their female dog didn't do the same thing the next week! Another trip to the vet for them...now keep in mind that while my dogs were big, they were NOT vicious. The got along with my inside dogs just fine. I feel they were only protecting their property. Neighbor 2's version of fixing the dug hole was to put a 2' x 6' piece of lattice against the fence on their side. I need to mention that they also have 2 kids--1 10+ & the other around 3. When they put chainlink up between our yards & took down my hog-wire fence, they put in a gate (we are still friendly). The youngest son has been known to take the carbiner off the latch & open the gate between our properties. See the potential for more serious problems here?
End result was that after unsucessfully trying to find homes/rescues or even businesses that wanted a good guard dog, I had to have them put down. I could not live with the thought that one of their kids got injured or worse in the even their dogs were to get in my yard again & (God forbid) get in between the fighting dogs.

Sorry for derailing the thread with my own story, but this is some serious stuff here, and irresponsible people should not own pets!

This will crack ya'll up.

11:00 tonight, I hear a car on our road. This is highly unusual at this time of night. I see lights turn in front of pur property and drive up towards a different neighbors barn. Weird. No one gets out. Just sits there. This neighbor is an older woman who lives alone, we sort of look out for her. So I go look out the french doors and here is freaky lady in her car calling for her chicken-killing-horse-running dog. Nice huh?

So, here we are just 3 days after her shreikfest in which she blamed me for some catastrophe with her beast, she has managed to misplace him once again.... I swear I would like to get ahold of that dog and just take him to a shelter 3 or 4 counties away. He deserves a better home cause one of these days, someone really is gonna shoot him. He is a full blooded red-nosed PitBull. Looks like the devil himself when he is coming your way. He obviously has no training cause she calls him til she is blue in the face and no doggie. He scares me a bit only because he is unpredictable and weighs over a hundred pounds. He comes at the wrong person and he will be a dead dog.

True confession: please dont think too badly of me.....Sometimes for fun when she is looking for him, DH will shoot one of his rifles just to stress her out. But since it was 11:00pm and the kids were asleep, we didnt.
*mua haa haaa*

Quote:
Awesome! Its people like her that give pitties a bad name
somad.gif
Makes me sooo mad I love my pitties and cant stand stupid people.

Back
Top Bottom