The Shelly and Kevin Thread

I found this egg in the polish coop, on the ground. I really thought it was Kevin’s, but now that I’ve looked back on the camera, I can see that Shelly laid it on the perch- at about 12:00am this morning.
3F4FC1F1-E28D-4F56-BC3B-31B9542AEA1B.jpeg
This is what the other side looks like-
EB598197-1418-423F-B8AC-5A034D3677D2.jpeg

Shelly hadn’t laid for a few days, and I wondered why.

I guess I still have to wait for Kevin.

I found this egg in the polish coop, on the ground. I really thought it was Kevin’s, but now that I’ve looked back on the camera, I can see that Shelly laid it on the perch- at about 12:00am this morning. View attachment 2991600This is what the other side looks like-
View attachment 2991601
Shelly hadn’t laid for a few days, and I wondered why.

I guess I still have to wait for Kevin.
Wow! 12am? That is early! Is Kevin a cream legbar?

I should put a camera in my coop…..

So…. Maybe blue eggs?

I have cameras, just don’t have one in the coop. Should use it to find who is laying in the floor. It’s the 4th time in 6 days. I am sure it’s a Cochin, but I don’t know who.
They should be a sage-y color. Kevin’s “sister” has already started laying, so I kinda have an idea of what to expect.

Try putting each Cochin in a nest box. I’ve had to deal with many chickens laying on the ground. Show them where they are supposed to lay, and maybe they’ll get the idea.

They should be a sage-y color. Kevin’s “sister” has already started laying, so I kinda have an idea of what to expect.

Try putting each Cochin in a nest box. I’ve had to deal with many chickens laying on the ground. Show them where they are supposed to lay, and maybe they’ll get the idea.
Ok. Hope she lays soon!

Hmm. Ok. I tried once, she just jumped right off. One of the Cochins, looked at them, but never went up to them.

Ok. Hope she lays soon!

Hmm. Ok. I tried once, she just jumped right off. One of the Cochins, looked at them, but never went up to them.
Put each of your Cochins in the nest box one at a time. All three of them need to be showed where. Maybe give them an egg so that they see that they’re supposed to lay there. I have had to do this too many times.

Put each of your Cochins in the nest box one at a time. All three of them need to be showed where. Maybe give them an egg so that they see that they’re supposed to lay there. I have had to do this too many times.
Ah ok. Problem is…… only 1 is easy to catch. The 2nd one, is somewhat easy, and Number 3, is really hard to catch.

I used a grinder tool to trim the girlies’ beaks down. I didn’t take any pictures because it was late and getting dark, but this was my first time using the tool by myself, and I actually really enjoyed it. Kevin’s beak needed trimmed back quite a bit, and Shelly's was just to round it out and even it. Shelly does a really good job of grinding it herself, but Kevy, on the other hand, doesn’t, so I have to do all the work for her. Hers is the worst out of all of them, and I always worry for her. But, tonight was a success, and I’m grateful that we have that tool.

Back
Top Bottom