The Shelly and Kevin Thread

Shelly’s first egg was a bit wonky, but I was so proud of her anyway. It was a gorgeous minty blue color with brown speckles. She was kinda grumpy though:
View attachment 2990907
Same egg, different lighting:
View attachment 2990912Shelly being grumpy:
View attachment 2990914

She now lays mossy green eggs, and she loves to spend time in the next box. She spends hours making her nest and sitting with her egg, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up going broody one day:
View attachment 2990915
View attachment 2990916
View attachment 2990917
:loveShe is beautiful!

No, I think there was a problem at the post office, so it probably happened then, but those cups shouldn’t have been in that package anyway. There was also a giant heat pack in it, and those other two chicks that died were pinned under it. That’s why they died.
That's horrible! What hatchery was it?

Ever since Kevin moved in with the Polish girls, and Shelly, she developed a strong hatred for all the chickens living on the other side- even her hatch-mates. She likes to fight them any chance that she gets-
0D0C39A4-8BC6-4DEF-8B67-F40EF2397613.jpeg

I let her dust out with them whenever she wants, so I have to watch her very closely to make sure she doesn’t attack the others.

Ever since Kevin moved in with the Polish girls, and Shelly, she developed a strong hatred for all the chickens living on the other side- even her hatch-mates. She likes to fight them any chance that she gets-
View attachment 2991080
I let her dust out with them whenever she wants, so I have to watch her very closely to make sure she doesn’t attack the others.
Angry Kevin is still adorable!

View attachment 2991080
My 2 olive eggers do that 🤔

Back
Top Bottom