The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

1f614.png
sad face

So I am now, since last Sunday, the new owner of a Wyandotte hen. She is 10 months old. I went to get EEs from an ad on craigslist but when I got there he didn't actually have any EEs left and I had brought my sons with me to help pick the new chickens. Well the boys were sooooo excited about new chickens so I decided to let them pick from the chickens he did have. They chose a RIR and a Silver Laced Wyandotte that the boys named Skit. She really is beautiful but I knew nothing about the breed and nervously started reading about them when I came home. So far she is a bit flighty but not noisy so we'll see. She was immediately submissive to my other girls, not like the RIR that tried to be dominant hen from the get go and had to have her rear handed to her by my older ladies.The guy also had a beautiful Welsummer cross hen I was (am?) tempted to get but I think 5 is probably the max my coop can hold even though I do free range them as often as possible.

So here is Skit

Skit with Lovey

So I am now, since last Sunday, the new owner of a Wyandotte hen. She is 10 months old. I went to get EEs from an ad on craigslist but when I got there he didn't actually have any EEs left and I had brought my sons with me to help pick the new chickens. Well the boys were sooooo excited about new chickens so I decided to let them pick from the chickens he did have. They chose a RIR and a Silver Laced Wyandotte that the boys named Skit. She really is beautiful but I knew nothing about the breed and nervously started reading about them when I came home. So far she is a bit flighty but not noisy so we'll see. She was immediately submissive to my other girls, not like the RIR that tried to be dominant hen from the get go and had to have her rear handed to her by my older ladies.The guy also had a beautiful Welsummer cross hen I was (am?) tempted to get but I think 5 is probably the max my coop can hold even though I do free range them as often as possible.

So here is Skit

Skit with Lovey
This is my story, except I got stuck with two aggressive RIR x Cochin roosters :I. It seems like you got off better though! She's beautiful :)

Hi, i have a question about my slw chick.... shes about 2 months now and shes pretty much almost fully feathered in. however she does not have nearly as much lacing on her chest area as I have seen on other chicks. her chest is still mostly solid black with just the center line starting to lace. any lacing she has is still the preliminary lacing that starts on chicks. could it be shes just a late bloomer? does it mean that her breeding may not have been very good? thanks.

Hi, i have a  question about my slw chick.... shes about 2 months now and shes pretty much almost fully feathered in. however she does not have nearly as much lacing on her chest area as I have seen on other chicks. her chest is still mostly solid black with just the center line starting to lace. any lacing she has is still the preliminary lacing that starts on chicks. could it be shes just a late bloomer? does it mean that her breeding may not have been very good? thanks. 

A picture paints a thousand words. Post a pic and I'm sure you will get some response. :)

Back
Top Bottom