The sleeping chick pics thread!

DH thought so too... But I got my own back when we put them under the heat lamp for the first time and the first chicks walked under the lamp and promptly keeled over. DH thought something was wrong with them! He felt a bit foolish when they got up after a few seconds and calmly walked off. Whenever he brings up my "dead chick" I remind him of that one. These little things love giving us frights, hey?

When I got home with my 15 chicks last spring I put them under the heat lamp in the brooder and they all huddled under it standing up and as a group, slowly sank down slower and slower and fell asleep in a big pile. I wish I could've gotten it on tape, it was so stinkin cute! :)

Quote: Guffaw!
DH thought so too... But I got my own back when we put them under the heat lamp for the first time and the first chicks walked under the lamp and promptly keeled over. DH thought something was wrong with them! He felt a bit foolish when they got up after a few seconds and calmly walked off. Whenever he brings up my "dead chick" I remind him of that one. These little things love giving us frights, hey?
Indeed! I love watching baby chicks. They are better than TV. Such antics.

This baby hatched Sunday night and was exhausted when we moved it to the mini brooder.

Note: They aren't on newspaper anymore.

Oh such a cutie pie!

When I got home with my 15 chicks last spring I put them under the heat lamp in the brooder and they all huddled under it standing up and as a group, slowly sank down slower and slower and fell asleep in a big pile. I wish I could've gotten it on tape, it was so stinkin cute! :)

Lol, all at once? Lucky!

Mine are always half up, running around, and half passed out!

Yes!! And the whole process starts over again! Getting them all to sleep at once in a big pile?? Never thought it was possible!

What a darling thread. While not near as comical as most of these (lol!), these were my first three chicks I ever got, first pic I ever took I think. I don't have any of these now but they started it all. <3

Yes!! And the whole process starts over again! Getting them all to sleep at once in a big pile?? Never thought it was possible!
These aren't chicks, but you just reminded me of this pic.. All falling asleep, and the one up top stretched that leg out RIGHT when I snapped the pic. lol. Sooo cute.

Back
Top Bottom