THE SMOKERS QUIT CAMPAIGN - ADDITONAL NOTES

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by English Chick, Dec 22, 2008.

1. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Ok, quitters, I need to keep a true list of those wanting to quit only, please just add your name, so that I have all your names for the official quit day 1st January 2009.

I will then PM you on the day as the campaign starts. Birdboy88 will also be in touch with you as the Spirit Lifter of the Quit Campaign.....2009 a healthy breathable year.

So here you go I will start the list....

I will be a quitter in 2009 ..............English Chick

2. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Count me in...

and thank you for doing this.

Jena.

3. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    We are going to give it a try

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    This is gonna be Awesome! [​IMG]

it makes me so happy seeing everyone willing to go through this ..it may be hard at times but i know we can all get through this..

and i truly take my hat off to you all who are singing up for a better change in life [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Thank you BirdBoy88 ,

You are so supportive and positive.

Thank you so much,

Jena.

6. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Count Me In...
    Chickie Mamma will be a quitter in 2009! [​IMG]

7. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    Me also! Tired of something ruling my life.

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yup, Yup....100% in here!!! We are gonna do this guys!!!! Thank you EC for starting this and thank you Mark for being the spirit lifter. [​IMG] to both of you!!!!

9. mzrea

mzrea Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Vermont
    Add mzrea to the list.

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Now might be a good idea for you guys to learn a new craft, start knitting or learn Crochet.... keep those hands busy busy busy! GOOD LUCK!

Edit to add, if you're going to quit cold turkey on Jan 1, now might also be a good idea to make it a little more uncomfortable for yourself. If you smoke in the house - OUTLAW that now, if you already smoke outside, make yourself go a little further away or stand out in the open (no hiding out right outside the door)
    No more smoking in the car or anywhere other than your little outdoor spot. No smoking right after eating or drinking anything... MAKE yourself wait it out, once Jan 1st rolls by your "triggers" won't be so bad.

Keep a little note book to write down when it is you want to smoke the most. Right after waking up, after having an argument, after coffee or with cofee... and try NOT to smoke at those critical times. Go grab a carrot stick and chew on that.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by