The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOOKIE LOOKIE!!!!

A few months ago we were shopping at Aldi's (a discount grocery store for those that don't know) and in a big box they had wrapped up rose bushes. They were only $5 and I thought, yeah right these aren't going to be anything, but I bought one anyway. Let's just say, I don't have much of a green thumb but I have babied this thing like you wouldn't believe!

On my way out to feed everyone this afternoon this is what I saw..

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

I added a little photography magic to it because it's special =)

Last edited:
BEAUTIFUL picture! Do you us PS? I need to learn to use some editing software - I downloaded GIMP since it was free, but I don't understand any of that stuff! I do love my camera - what do you shoot with?

BEAUTIFUL picture! Do you us PS? I need to learn to use some editing software - I downloaded GIMP since it was free, but I don't understand any of that stuff! I do love my camera - what do you shoot with?

I'm a photographer with my own business. I have 6 different editing programs. My camera is a Nikon D3100 I purchased in January. Gimp is ok but it's not very user friendly and PS is 10x worse. The best thing for beginners, that has all the same stuff as PS and Gimp is a website called picmonkey.com. It's free.

I edited this photo with some HDR in it.

Last edited:
That would be my goal, having my own photography business. I've got a Canon Rebel T3 - and it's been a great starter for me. There's a lens or two I'd like to buy and maybe a tripod, but all with time! I'll have to look into picmonkey - thanks!

That would be my goal, having my own photography business. I've got a Canon Rebel T3 - and it's been a great starter for me. There's a lens or two I'd like to buy and maybe a tripod, but all with time! I'll have to look into picmonkey - thanks!

There's a couple of lenses I'd like to but I gotta pay off my camera first LOL
I thought about that camera before I bought mine but this one seemed more user friendly. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, although on 365 Project I have seen some nice work done with that camera!
You'll like picmonkey, it has a lot of the same stuff as other editing programs and it's very easy to figure out. Once you get that going then you can hop over to 365Project. It's like facebook sorta where you have friends join your page and they comment on your photos. I've been there a couple of years now.

LOOKIE LOOKIE!!!!

A few months ago we were shopping at Aldi's (a discount grocery store for those that don't know) and in a big box they had wrapped up rose bushes. They were only $5 and I thought, yeah right these aren't going to be anything, but I bought one anyway. Let's just say, I don't have much of a green thumb but I have babied this thing like you wouldn't believe!

On my way out to feed everyone this afternoon this is what I saw..

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

I added a little photography magic to it because it's special =)
That is gorgeous.

My DH drove across I-40 Sunday border to border in OK. He said I-44 had been closed.
Glad you and your critters are safe.
Yes, they closed not only I-44 to the North of us but Hwy 9 to the South. We have a lake on the East side so only could go West. Thankfully, the fire stopped at Hwy 9 and didn't cross.

Have you tried the aspirin yet for him?
I had some things I wanted to respond to, and the the table top computer crashed... But I want to say that I want a pic of 4 goats and chickens in an element.
Ha Ha - We didn't have to load them all in thank goodness. My element is wonderful though, all the seats are removeable so we pulled the back 2 and put a dog gate up against the front.
The entire inside of the car is washable including the floor which is rubber and can just be hosed out. It's a perfect enclosed area for transporting the goats/dogs, etc. but adding 11 chickens to the mix would have been interesting... More fires today so we are keeping our fingers crossed that our area is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom