Not open for further replies.

NovaAman

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 6, 2011
In Happy Chickenland, Holland MI
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! I have been a member for a year there have been a lot of ups and a few downs while raising these birds. They are pets to me. I take them to the vet just like i would my cats and dogs. I am starting this thread for other like minded crazy chicken ladies. Well I guess the guys can come too.

I am not a breeder, I keep a closed flock. Most my birds are DP crosses, so do not give me any crap about breeding mutts. They are chickens. They are mine. I have 35 birds. Only 11 of them are pure breed. They are all beautiful to me.

Today, I was tempted to steal a lost chicken. I found the sweetest bird on the side of the road. I stopped, she walked into my car. I got out, picked her up. Forced her to drink as she was clearly in distress and looked around for where she could have come from. I found her home 1/2 mile away. Turns out the poor girl was half blind, got out of the run, then lost. I was so tempted to steal her. Lol. Yup. That crazy.

Last edited:
Im gonna post just so you arent the only crazy hanging out here in the random rambling thread, all alone.

Im pretty pathetic- I have incognito chickens. Four d'uccles, a sizzle, a frizzle, and an Uggo. Uggos are purebred. I have quail eggs in the bator, and seramas eggs too.

Everything has to stay under the radar where I come from. Yep, they are illegal outlaws.

LOl my dh calls me the crazy chicken lady lol we are up to about 50 chickens with the new hatchlings and have a total of 9 we hatched and 6 i bought - so that's 15 hanging out in the bedroom and yet I'm shopping for more babies ... it is nice that you have a chicken vet near you.. i have yet to find one in this area... my MIL thinks I am nuts because when we move back home I am taking my chickies with me ... They are my pets ... i love them all the same the pures and my mixes... all the chicks I hatched were nn crosses... and all 50 are my babies and most have names and they are just the best ...
thumbsup.gif

Hello I am a sidekick lol. I have well over 50 chickens ( too many to count) I have pure breds and mutts. I love each and everyone of my birds. I mostly do Marans and Silkies but I have all different kinds. I am lucky I guess because my dog vet 's husband raises chickens also and they have over 500 of them so she is pretty knowledgable about chickens. I have 2 different kind of quail and also India Blue Peacocks. And I have a batch of Silkie and Showgirls in Bator right now due to hatch on Thursday.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone; I'm so glad to find other crazy chicken women. I only have 11 (orpingtons, EE's, Light Brahmas, Cuckoo Marans, and Barred Rocks) but of course am already planning on adding that many more. And more 'of courses' they all have names, sit on my lap and are the biggest babies ever - LOL! We are battling the heat and wildfires here so my chickens have misters and fans going in their coop and run. I'm afraid to look at my electric bill this month but the girls are worth it.

Hi Everyone; I'm so glad to find other crazy chicken women. I only have 11 (orpingtons, EE's, Light Brahmas, Cuckoo Marans, and Barred Rocks) but of course am already planning on adding that many more. And more 'of courses' they all have names, sit on my lap and are the biggest babies ever - LOL! We are battling the heat and wildfires here so my chickens have misters and fans going in their coop and run. I'm afraid to look at my electric bill this month but the girls are worth it.
We have been battling the heat here but not wildfires thank goodness. The heat has been terrible this year.

Hey, I was wondering if I'd get any responses here, and so glad I did.

I have to decide if I am going to let two of my pullets sit eggs. My white faverolle and my black ... something, she's 5 toed, super puffy, super bearded and muffs, she looks like a black faverolle, sweet as can be, both went broody. Sheh-sheh went broody last night, and I only found her in the Bates Motel because I was so late getting eggs. I had to tick her off and put her in the summer coop. Today, I tried to get her to nest elsewhere, but she is bent on that raccoon buffet. Not happening. AND THEN, tonight I went to get the eggs from the nest box in the garage and Esdee is in there! I picked her up, nest box and all, carried her back to the coop, and set the nest box in next to the other 7 boxes. OMG! She didn't even freak when I was moving her! LOL, just buried her fuzzy face in the corner of the nest box. LOL.

Anyway, how ya doing sidekick?

Im gonna post just so you arent the only crazy hanging out here in the random rambling thread, all alone. 

Im pretty pathetic- I have incognito chickens. Four d'uccles, a sizzle, a frizzle, and an Uggo. Uggos are purebred.  I have quail eggs in the bator, and seramas eggs too. 

Everything has to stay under the radar where I come from. Yep, they are illegal outlaws. 

But I knew you'd show up! You belong here. Oh, you have got to see the girl I got from you! She has seriously PUFFED! Roger will not let Rod Stewart near her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom