The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more popped up yesterday but the firefighters got them out pretty quick. Today is supposed to be much better - temp is going to be only 98 - a regular cool streak. We've GOT to get rain or the entire states going to go up in flames. Even the prickly pear here is shriveled up - LOL.
If we could, we would send you some rain. I had to turn my flower pot saucers upsidedown so my flowers wouldn't drown. We have cooler temps here in MI. too, first lowest since mid June. High temp today here is only going to be about 64.

I wouldn't butcher in the rain either. BUT the nasty boy has to go.

Gigi, we went 5 weeks here with no rain. I'd hate for it to get as bad as you got. I don't think that'd be good. I am just glad I have a well. I only watered the chickens and the veggies. And filled the pool, and ad water as neededy lawn was brown and there is absolutely no grass on the side yard now because of the birds. I'll have to plant again in a few weeks. Poor birds. The neighbors on the other hand continued to keep their back yard watered along with their garden so they wouldn't end up like me. LOL
Well, I've not gone yet - ha. We also have a well and thank goodness we do. We have water going all the time and everything is still brown. My roses aren't dying but they aren't blooming. I've decided that I'm only going to plant things that are heat tolerant from now on as I think these temps are going to be a long term change. I bought 4 beautiful texas sage plants from HD and going to put them in today. Gotta go with the flow - ha. Now really going to run...

Ok I really need to get off here and take the brats to find jobs. The sooner the better LOL

I'll be back later. That's a warning
tongue.gif

Somebody said they had made there own coop and a pallet coop. (I'm not going back 20 pgs to find) Wish I could do that but my DH won't let me use a hammer. Accident prone like some other people. But I have been using his drill and skill saw. Ummmm maybe, what he doen't know. And I need more room!

I need more room for my chickens too, hubs is coming home early from work to start on the 2nd coop. We were lucky, my dad saved my playhouse from when I was a kid - and it's PERFECT for a coop. I'll be able to put 4 or more nesting boxes in the bottom, a space to roost and the 2 coops will share one large run. I'm excited! I might even grab some more chickens tomorrow, to make up for the lost ones this week.... we were going to get 3 pot belly pigs, but I'm not sure that's a good idea or not. Anybody have any thoughts on piggies??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom