The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GIGI! How's the forest?
Hey Nova; I'm just catching up. The forest is great and we actually had a cool morning. I love it when you guys talk about how cool it is up there in MI because I know that EVENTUALLY it will wend it's way down here. Dropped to 94 today and 88 tomorrow
woot.gif

Now we are all settling in for Oklahoma football. It's practically a religion here. Traffic becomes unbelievable as thousands of people pack Norman for the home game. We try not to get out on game days it's so insane. But we do love football and fall -- GO OU!

Oh, now I hope OU and UofM are not play each other... LOL

Glad you got some coolage going over there. Its cold here. I may have to wear a darn coat to work tonight. Now that is messed up. I don't like having to wear a coat already! Last week we were sweating our keisters off and this week we'll be freezing them off..

Last night we went to have snack with BF's mom and trade vehicles with his brother. It was pouring rain, super windy and very cold. So much so we had our sweatshirts on and the heater in the truck. That's messed up! lol

Sigh. I just got a phone call from a popular local photographer. He wants to know if I would be a co-photographer at a wedding in November. Aside from the good sized payout I'm not sure I want to do it. I swore to myself 14 years ago I would NEVER do weddings. No matter how good of a photographer you are, the people getting married are never happy. NEVER. EVER. I have been a co-photographer at weddings before and even though we were using very nice cameras, those people seemed to expect too much. I realize it's a special day (to some) but one lady said she was going to sue us even though our contract said no refunds. It didn't destroy business but it sure did a job on how I felt about weddings (among other things).

This latest guy gave me a week to think about it. Granted the money could allow me to get me a speedlight and pay a good portion of my camera off. I would have use of some of his equipment I don't have. The other issue is this last session I did sure made me despise indoor photography more than I already did!

I think I'll wait before I tell the BF because he will go on and on and on about how good I am and I should do it. I could have 200 people say the same thing and I still wouldn't want to LOL

These early football games are fun but I feel sorry for the 'other' guys. They come from small schools and always get creamed. I don't think we play each other????

I know the weather is really messed up here also. I think it's messed up everywhere... I'd rather have cold weather than so hot you can't breathe. But then again, I'm not familiar with how cold it gets up there so I might be singing a different tune if I was farther north.

I bet you take really beautiful wedding photos, Keyt. I wouldn't let sour grapes discourage you.

These early football games are fun but I feel sorry for the 'other' guys. They come from small schools and always get creamed. I don't think we play each other????

I know the weather is really messed up here also. I think it's messed up everywhere... I'd rather have cold weather than so hot you can't breathe. But then again, I'm not familiar with how cold it gets up there so I might be singing a different tune if I was farther north.

I bet you take really beautiful wedding photos, Keyt. I wouldn't let sour grapes discourage you.

Thanks, I'm not. I just do it to make a little extra money here or there since I can't have a normal job anymore. I wish I didn't have a camera though.

Hi Gigi, it's coming! Winter that is. My DH woke up in Cheyene, Wy. this A.M. and it was only 45. I've been wearing a sweatshirt most of the day. Hope you had a good week!

Hi Gigi, it's coming! Winter that is. My DH woke up in Cheyene, Wy. this A.M. and it was only 45. I've been wearing a sweatshirt most of the day. Hope you had a good week!

I've been to Cheyenne many times. I actually liked it there.

I was in a sweatshirt most of the day then I had hot flashes for a while. Now I'm feeling just right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom