The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rusty

Daughter is doing very well- thank you for asking. She never remembers any of her seizures or about twenty minutes before them, so she is just clueless- lol.

And yes, very sad about cotton- I hate when an animal dies because it is my fault. I should have been more diligent in finding out how he got out of the run, I should have kept him indoors, I should have the gate to the chicken yard shut..so many variables, and I am so sad that Cotton had to die for me to learn my lesson.

My husbands foot is finally healed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He stepped on that nail middle of June, and JUST Yesterday the doctor finally cleared him. It sure was a long-time coming. He is just happy he can do his charter-fishing trip first weekend in october.

I have no idea what kind of chickens you have. Look like orps to me- I dont know what kind have the yellow legs. Hopefully Olive will be around soon, she will know.

You're going to see Robin? You should come see me, I'm not too far from her!!! =)
Yes, my husband is going to check out his hunting blind in Hillsdale and is going to drop me and kids off at Robins house- I plan on hiding my kid in with Robins sheep.
Give her something to do once I am back home.....

Well close to three hundred dollars later, sadly, Cotton passed away this afternoon. :(

And then gas at $4.06 a gallon just now so that I could walk in the door and my son says, "Im using the van to go out tonight"...really? 

I swear I work my rear end off just to hand the money over for vet bills and kid bills. Oh crud, just realized that husband has to put tires on his truck next week- before he grounds me and I cant go see Robin. 

The cable/internet company has been slowly creepin up my bill each month until now I am paying fifty dollars a month more than I was years ago when I signed up. SOOOO, I let the OTHER company talk me into switching back to them. Mind you, this company did the same thing to me when I left them the first time- but they are going to be forty dollars a month cheaper than what I am paying now. SO, for the next year I will use this OTHER company and see what they do.

Tomorrow my husband and I are tearing down my chickens lean-to and cleaning up their chicken yard. I need to get a load of mulch down before the yuck weather sets in. No way am I dealing with a muddy mess that sucks my shoes off when I walk in there this fall and winter. I raked up old straw and wood chips. Now is a perfect time for me to clean it all up- I have four broody hens. So, there are only three chickens walking around out there. 

I have to rebuild the rabbit pen. I put Clover in with Foofoo now so she wont be lonely without Cotton. Really funny to watch a micro-size lop chase a huge Flemish around. :(  I have to rebuild the pen so between that and tearing down the lean-to, I am sure there wll be dirt under my nails, Olive- and this manicure is going to look like crap. 

:hugs

Well close to three hundred dollars later, sadly, Cotton passed away this afternoon. :(

And then gas at $4.06 a gallon just now so that I could walk in the door and my son says, "Im using the van to go out tonight"...really?

I swear I work my rear end off just to hand the money over for vet bills and kid bills. Oh crud, just realized that husband has to put tires on his truck next week- before he grounds me and I cant go see Robin.

The cable/internet company has been slowly creepin up my bill each month until now I am paying fifty dollars a month more than I was years ago when I signed up. SOOOO, I let the OTHER company talk me into switching back to them. Mind you, this company did the same thing to me when I left them the first time- but they are going to be forty dollars a month cheaper than what I am paying now. SO, for the next year I will use this OTHER company and see what they do.

Tomorrow my husband and I are tearing down my chickens lean-to and cleaning up their chicken yard. I need to get a load of mulch down before the yuck weather sets in. No way am I dealing with a muddy mess that sucks my shoes off when I walk in there this fall and winter. I raked up old straw and wood chips. Now is a perfect time for me to clean it all up- I have four broody hens. So, there are only three chickens walking around out there.

I have to rebuild the rabbit pen. I put Clover in with Foofoo now so she wont be lonely without Cotton. Really funny to watch a micro-size lop chase a huge Flemish around.
sad.png
I have to rebuild the pen so between that and tearing down the lean-to, I am sure there wll be dirt under my nails, Olive- and this manicure is going to look like crap.
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry about Cotton.

Hi Gigi, it's coming! Winter that is. My DH woke up in Cheyene, Wy. this A.M. and it was only 45. I've been wearing a sweatshirt most of the day. Hope you had a good week!
I can hardly wait! I love sweatshirts and sweaters, bring on the cold. Yeah, it was a good week. My youngest son was just hired by Chesapeake as their safety engineeer at their main offices. He and my DDL moved back from Atlanta where he had a great job because they wanted to be closer to family. I'm really happy he's got a good job again.

Do you all have any ideas why a couple of my orpingtons have purple on part of their combs? I did a bit of reading on it and some say it's circulatory/heart and some say it's hormonal. They look very happy and healthy and jump on my lap and want to be petted so not sick as far as I can tell.
idunno.gif

Can someone tell me what kind of birds I have? I was told when I bought them at 4 days old that they were purebred Buff Orpingtons. Note the yellow legs on the one rooster he also has a yellow beak. The bigger rooster is 3 - 4 inches taller at the back than my 24 week old Australorp roosters. These birds are now 22 weeks old.
They look like my orpingtons. Color is right. I'm not sure what color my orps legs and beaks are but will check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom