The Society of Crazy Chicken Ladies, A Guy, and a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olive that sounds like my dog when he was a pup! He actually would step on his own ears, yelp, and barrel roll while running!
He is now 80lbs and a model citizen... unless the little boy has left something yummy on his kiddie table... then all bets are off.

However, I have found that the smaller the dog, the more of a PITA they end up being. My bichon enjoys table surfing whenever it is convenient for him
somad.gif
I had to push in the chairs around the table at night because we would find paw prints on the table in the morning, whether there was something good up there or not. He hasn't done that in a long time thought (knock on wood)

I thoroughly believe that dogs are looking for strong leaders and if a human doesn't fit the bill of pack leader then the dog will fill it in. I don't think that the dog has to be hit or hurt to respect a leader, though. They just want structure and fun... much like kids!

Not to say that I believe Olive is not a strong pack leader
lol.png
In fact I believe she could be a very good leader!

Fuzzy... Pumpkin pie IS a good breakfast! I LOVE PIE IN THE MORNING... It has got to be better than a donut.
You can have a slice of pie for breakfast, just not a WHOLE pie for breakfast, and still be healthy!

Oh yeah, he'll be fine. He's just a very young, very enthusiastic, working border collie. Which means when he's working, he's tremendous. And when he's not working, he's looking for work to make up for himself. Because, WORK! WE LOVE WORK! His mind goes absolutely non-stop, which is something with which I can relate. I'm very much looking forward to getting him started on the stock in a few months. For now though he's appeased with odd jobs -- watching gates, going on feed runs, walking fence checks... licking barn kitties who'd rather not be licked, stealing pig feed that then upsets his stomach and gives him the runs. You know, all important things.
roll.png

I picked him for his personality. I need him to move hogs and cattle, he couldn't be timid or unenthusiastic. So now we wait... ride out the puppy stage and channel his adolescence and hopefully with a little maturity he'll end up a darn good employee.

Last edited:
Years ago when I was married the first time I had seahorses and starfish in a 5 gallon tank. Mine did great. The only thing about them is we had to hatch live brine everyday because that's what they ate. Mine ate just fine.

Right. She's talking something like clownfish and seahorses. They won't eat when there are other more active fish in the water.

Oh yeah, he'll be fine. He's just a very young, very enthusiastic, working border collie. Which means when he's working, he's tremendous. And when he's not working, he's looking for work to make up for himself. Because, WORK! WE LOVE WORK! His mind goes absolutely non-stop, which is something with which I can relate. I'm very much looking forward to getting him started on the stock in a few months. For now though he's appeased with odd jobs -- watching gates, going on feed runs, walking fence checks... licking barn kitties who'd rather not be licked, stealing pig feed that then upsets his stomach and gives him the runs. You know, all important things.
roll.png

I picked him for his personality. I need him to move hogs and cattle, he couldn't be timid or unenthusiastic. So now we wait... ride out the puppy stage and channel his adolescence and hopefully with a little maturity he'll end up a darn good employee.
Have you learned the commands yet? Now that is a PITA !!!! My friend knows them well. I don't yet. Only a few lol

BYFM, Fuzzy-

stress is as much a part of my life as is breathing...and now there is more.

Who here knows Michigan divorce laws? Noo no not for me. Been there done that. For my mom. My stepfather wants a divorce and came home with divorce papers. Mom is just sick and about to have a nervous breakdown. He is sole income- and its disability. He was real good at having her put everything on the credit cards- in her name.
She has no idea how she is going to make it. They were married five years.

In other words- Keyt/ I need it in simpler terms- you lost me. When I walk into the store, there is too much stuff. Whats a protein skimmer? Do I need it? A powerhead? Glass tops, open top?
I dunno- reef and colorful fish. Maybe a hermit crab.

OHHHH!

I almost forgot! My rabbit is evil and if I knew someone who wanted her an hour ago, I would have given her away. She bites, she claws me, she scratches with her back feet, and she makes growling sounds. What kind of pet is that? Ugh. I have a big gash down my forearm from her evilness.

I think the only way to be sure would be if you sent me a few lol
Noooooo! I like cooking to teach, i like sharing recipies. No freebies! I only give one or two samples, then it's up to the receiver to make the recipe, lol.
Fuzzy... Pumpkin pie IS a good breakfast! I LOVE PIE IN THE MORNING... It has got to be better than a donut.
You can have a slice of pie for breakfast, just not a WHOLE pie for breakfast, and still be healthy!
hide.gif
Um i really like pumpkin. As in half a pie at a time. But it is a veggie! I don't drink pop, so don't that work out in the end??? ha ha
Oh yeah, he'll be fine. He's just a very young, very enthusiastic, working border collie.
:) I figured you might have had your hands full, i remembered the mole in the garden story. lol. It's good that he's learning for you!
Who here knows Michigan divorce laws? Noo no not for me. Been there done that. For my mom. My stepfather wants a divorce and came home with divorce papers. Mom is just sick and about to have a nervous breakdown. He is sole income- and its disability. He was real good at having her put everything on the credit cards- in her name.
She has no idea how she is going to make it. They were married five years.
I don't know, but i thought married debt was together? If she fights, she may get half the worth of the house. Not that the houses are selling, but if it did she could use the money to clear up her cards in the event that it is not. :( My aunt did this to my uncle, which wasn't right (different situation) but he ended up having to pay her by the month until he had payed off half the worth because he didn't want to sell. Also, i do know disability is based on 2, so even if they get a divorce as long as they've been collecting disability together married for at least 10 years, she will still get a check. She will get the part he is receiving for her, he will get less because her part will be taken out. I also know that unworking married spouses can go for some kind of monthly stipend, but i think in this situation that would be the part of his disability check. The insurance idk about, but the money i do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom