The Spice Rack........A work in progress.....

K7 Menagerie

Songster
11 Years
May 6, 2008
Bend, OR
My chicks are getting too big for the brooder! And the coop isn't done yet! But here's the work in progress.....it's 10 x 12 (for 6 chickens).

Soon to be the home of Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Bay, and Coriander.....
10035_040.jpg

I don't know what your plans are for the nesting boxes, but if you used 5 gallon pails they would look like spice containers.
lol.png

Okay, I'm a huge nerd...... I drew up a little plan for it. Let me know if you would like to see it. If not, I am not offended one little bit!

Last edited:
Nice A frame!
smile.png
I like the names of your birds too.

I might suggest that if you have predators in your area, coons, mink, etc., that you may want to fasten some hardware cloth to the bottom, all around the base, and bury it a foot or so. As it is now, it would be easy digging for a coon to get inside your coop. The loosening of the soil to bury the hardware cloth will also help the drainage from the roof when it rains. This will help keep the coop floor dryer. Just a thought...

Hehehe, yes Tricia, show me the plan!!!

And for predators, we will be enclosing all sides with wire, including the bottom. Thanks!

Yay!
big_smile.png

227_spicerack.jpg

I threw this together in Word, but it was the best I could do!
smile.png

The top image is the view from the top, the bottom is ovbbiously a more 3D version. Place the 2x4's on the bottom close enough to hold the pails and the front and back 2x4's on end so that at least the front one can kind of keep the shavings/straw in the bucket. You could place it on posts or blocks to keep it far enough off the ground.

Thanks for humoring me!
lol.png

The fished product as seen in my head is much prettier than the sketch.
smile.png
And one plus of using pails (which you can paint to look nicer) is that they are the easiest to clean!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom