The Sportsman is here!!!!

cutiepieacres

Songster
11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
S. CA
I ordered the 1502 and while the week long wait was agony it was finally delivered the other day, I got it all unpacked and plugged in. I cant believe how fast it heats up and the button to automatically level the turning racks, oooooh! hahahaha, ok so besides being totally impressed with the buttons it seems very easy to use and it can hold A LOT of eggs, I just cant wait to see if I get better hatch rates that I did with the hovabator.

I have never been happy with the hatches I got from the hovabator even though I had the fan, got the turner and read everything I possibly could on hatching eggs I usually only got about 50% hatches a couple times I got 85% with my own mutt eggs.

I had 8 eggs in the hovabator already on day 18 so I put them in the sportsman hatcher, due on sunday!! I also put about 20 or so Maran and Phoenix eggs from my own hens to test with.

And of course being addicted, after finding this forum and more importantly the classifieds section I have about 40 eggs or so on the way, lol!

I cant wait for some chickies!

Last edited:
Awesome! Mine is on the way
big_smile.png
My husband was really good with the hovabator and usually got at least 80% to hatch but I'm looking forward to the Sportsman. I'll get in enough trouble with all the eggs my chickens are laying, I have no need to buy any extras but I can't wait!

Congradulations! You will love it! Remember to unplug a few of the air holes, mine came all closed, the humidity will be way to high if you don't take out a few of them.
smile.png

THANKS!!!!

there are already a couple open it said to open more for high altitude which I am, should I open more?

we run ours with just 2 vents open on the back. You will be very pleased with it I'm sure. When we got our first one it payed for itself in less than 6 months thru chick sales. One thing we did is once it was making money was bought some spare parts. Heating element, fan motor, turner motor and thermostat. For 3+plus years they have been just sitting on the shelf collecting dust but with my luck something will go out when it's full of eggs.

Steve in NC

Back
Top Bottom