The start of my new pallet coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by megoony, Mar 14, 2012.

1. megoony

megoony Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2012
    Hey guys! I'm new here and have been lurking for a few weeks while planning a chicken coop for my 6 red sex-link chicks :) The hubby works at a well known home improvement store, and happens to get free pallets from work occasionally. So far this coop has only cost us about $20, and I'm hoping we can try to keep the total cost at $100 or lower. The dimensions are 5'5" x 3'5" (yeah, our pallets are weird, lol), and I'm planning to just add chicken wire around the bottom, and make a chicken tractor run later on down the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    [​IMG]

Looks quite wonderful!! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  3. tyjaco

tyjaco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Cloverdale, CA
    great job!!

[​IMG]

4. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Looking good! WOW that was your first post! [​IMG] Can't wait to see the progress on your new coop! [​IMG]

5. yellowirenut

yellowirenut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    New haven, IN
    looks like you are using an odd slope on your property quite well. That is steep

6. megoony

megoony Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2012
    Believe it or not, that is the flattest area in the entire yard . . . it is very steep, but we make the most of it :) I just dug the legs into the ground to level the coop- for some reason the angle of the first picture makes the legs look crooked though.

7. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    love!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by