**The State killed all my friends birds!!**

A license to sell chickens it's the standard one offered by the state.

I'm sure it was a chicken or duck he acquired from someone or one he sold that may have got sick.
BUT did you know that if you sell a chicken and it gets sick and even tho it's the fault of the new owner you could be held liable for that.
ep.gif

I have learned so much on this subject till it scares the dickens out of me.

True...a liscense gives them the right to do a surprise search at anytime. Just like with wildlife rehab liscense....and they do it too.

My first thought was a diseased bird...maybe a disease that will live in the dirt or remain for years...???...???

I can't wait to hear details about this...sad and scary.

Quote:
He handled and had alot of birds so yes it could be he brought in a disease.

But why kill all his birds???
I was shocked when i heard this because all i thought was wow just like that you could lose all your flock.

Has anybody else had this happen or doe's anybody else have a license??

What license? I can sell any birds and/or eggs I want from my own property without a license in Ga. That makes no sense. Please give us more details when you have them. Even if they culled for a reportable disease, why on earth could he never have birds again? Something seems weird about this.

The only scenario that I can think of where this would happen is if he has testing/license because he handles so many birds and sells at auctions and the state found a bad disease, one that they do cull entire flocks for, then they traced the disease back to him. If they felt he was very negligent and was the cause of spreading disease, then they may deny him the right to have birds again.

Quote:
Yes i do also sell birds and my neighbor sells eggs and we don't have license.

He had a license so he could sell them at a feed store thats the only way they would allow it.
I'm assuming he brought in a sick chicken and that is what started the ball rolling.
I have seen this before but usually they only require you to cull the sick ones and clean up your area.

Back
Top Bottom