The Stink!!!!!!!!

Animallover606

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Who new that eggs could stink so much.
sickbyc.gif
I walk in today and am blasted with I think the worst smell that I will ever smell. So what I did was open up the lid (which came with a whole new, more powerful wave of stink) and Dare I say it sniffed them all. I sniffed them all until I found the four culprits. So what I did was toss them away and didn't dare to look inside because I would've felt horrible. Anyway who else has encountered this stink was it as bad as mine, and wat did you do? I have had eggs blow up before and didn't want it to happen again so I got rid of them as soon as possible.

kathyinmo

Nothing In Moderation
12 Years
May 14, 2009
(SW MO) Nevada, Missouri
My Coop
My Coop
Be thankful that they did not explode in there, or worse ... in your face!

Last winter I had a broody silkie. I checked her eggs and found stinky exploded one. I removed it (shell was all that was left). I picked up the other ones to check them and one exploded in my hand and spewed in my face. OMG, it was worse than being sprayed by a skunk!

Animallover606

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
I am thankful as well as a bit humored. Is it at the point where you look back at the experience and laugh? Because I am lauging right now. That must've been horrible! I thought broodies got rid of their bad eggs though?humored

Coldweatherbirds

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Central Maine
So it will be that noticeable before they pop? I don't want any exploding eggs, but I don't plan on candling all 34 either. Gag on the face exploding post! I am uber sensitive to odors.

Top Bottom