The story behind the name

rjv_piper

Songster
12 Years
Dec 28, 2007
Utah
Hi, I just thought it might be interesting to see the story behind other's screen names. I'll go first.

rjv_piper

rjv are my initals, piper is my horse's name
ya.gif
pop.gif

Lets all have fun, but remember to be safe
old.gif
gig.gif

The story behind my name is that Linck Hill is the road I'm on and the poultry part is due to the fact that I raise, breed, and sell many different breeds and varieties of poultry.
tongue.png

Well, my old name
was silkeLovr and that was my main breed and
of course I loved them!.

My new name is my hatchery/ hatching eggs selling name.
smile.png

I like futurama and anime. so hypnotoad was a charector on futurama and I loved the charector. all he did was have his hypno eyes looking at you not moving and I thought it was funny. so hypnofrog and my name is stevie

It's easier to just post the Wiki on mine
wink.png

In Irish mythology, the Badb (/baðβ/ "crow" in Old Irish; modern Irish Badhbh /bəiv/ means "vulture") was a goddess of war who took the form of a crow, and was thus sometimes known as Badb Catha (battle crow). She often caused confusion among soldiers to move the tide of battle to her favored side. Boa Island is named for this goddess.

Battlefields were called the land of the Badb, and were often said to include the Badb taking part as a crow or as a wolf. The Badb is associated with the beansidhe, and is said to have been crucial in the battle against the Fomorians.

In the mythological account of the second battle of Mag Tuired, wherein the Tuatha De Danann defeated the Fomorians in battle, Badb is said to have recited the following prophecy of the end of the world:

Summer without flowers,
kine without milk,
women without modesty,
men without valour;
captives without a king,
woods without mast,
sea without produce
— (Ó Cuív 37)

With her sisters, Macha and the Morrígan, she was part of a trio of war goddesses who were the daughters of the mother goddess, Ernmas. According to Seathrún Céitinn Badb was worshipped by Ériu, with whom she may be seen as equivalent. She is sometimes the wife of Neit, and may be equivalent with Nemain, Neit's more usual wife. However, Nemain and Badb are said to have had different fathers which is an argument for their separateness as personages: Badb is described as one of the three daughters of Delbaeth son of Neid whereas Nemain is said to have been the daughter of Elcmar of the Brugh (Newgrange, near the Boyne), who was the son of Delbaeth, son of Ogma, son of Elatan [1].

Back
Top Bottom