The story of Winnie and Luci!

Jessica89

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 9, 2014
North Wales
My little Winnie is one week old today! I can't believe how much she has grown.

In one week we have bonded sooo much. Knowing I am going to university, it wouldn't be fair for her to get too attached so we bought her a friend.. Luci.. A magpie duckling. :)
Winnie didnt know what to think at first and was trying to run to me. After 5 minutes, they became best friends.

Wish I could slow down their growth rate. haha x

My little Winnie is one week old today! I can't believe how much she has grown.

In one week we have bonded sooo much. Knowing I am going to university, it wouldn't be fair for her to get too attached so we bought her a friend.. Luci.. A magpie duckling. :)
Winnie didnt know what to think at first and was trying to run to me. After 5 minutes, they became best friends.

Wish I could slow down their growth rate. haha x
Happy Birthday Winnie. they are adorable. and they do grow way to fast.

Thank you! :)
They really do!! How is it even possible to grow this fast. :(

So glad I got Winnie a friend though.. She's a lot better and doesn't cry to come out of her brooder now!

So cute! A little friend will be so nice for her in the long run. They do grow way too fast! We have little ones that are almost 4 weeks old and they seemed to double in size every week!

So cute! A little friend will be so nice for her in the long run. They do grow way too fast! We have little ones that are almost 4 weeks old and they seemed to double in size every week!
Definitely. There was no way I could introduce her to our flock of ducks outside if she has been so used to human contact. It will be a lot easier now.

Awww! How many have you got? Are you keeping them all??

Definitely. There was no way I could introduce her to our flock of ducks outside if she has been so used to human contact. It will be a lot easier now.

Awww! How many have you got? Are you keeping them all??
We had put fertile eggs under one of our 3 runner girls who was broody. She hatched out 5 babies. We only have room for 2 of them, so three went to a new home on Friday. So sad, but I think they'll be happy, their new family has a lot more space and a bigger flock, and I keep getting cute pictures of them in their new home. The two we kept seem to be doing ok without their sibs. Here they are this weekend at 3 weeks and a few days old with their mama and glimpses of our other two girls.

And here they were when they first hatched, such a difference in a few weeks! (the two eggs with them didn't hatch, one never developed and one stopped developing early)

Oh my all these duckling duck pictures are too cutie !!
1f60d.png
so sweet that you got her a friend when she was still young, I have 3 weeks between my duckies they took a while to get use to each other but are now inseparable and your right they don't cry as much with a buddy but when they want something now it's 2 honking instead of one haha when one gets going the other can't help but join in the choir

We had put fertile eggs under one of our 3 runner girls who was broody. She hatched out 5 babies. We only have room for 2 of them, so three went to a new home on Friday. So sad, but I think they'll be happy, their new family has a lot more space and a bigger flock, and I keep getting cute pictures of them in their new home. The two we kept seem to be doing ok without their sibs. Here they are this weekend at 3 weeks and a few days old with their mama and glimpses of our other two girls.

And here they were when they first hatched, such a difference in a few weeks! (the two eggs with them didn't hatch, one never developed and one stopped developing early)

Awwww! They are sooo cute. Look just like Winnie :D!

My friend got another 3 weeks apart.. I am glad I done it sooner rather than later. Do feel like I have lost my little baby in a way. Just hope she doesn't grow to be scared of me. :( Hate it when that happens!!

Aww, so glad she got a friend! They are so cute together. ^-^

They really do grow too fast. My little ones are 3 1/2 weeks old now and getting in their adult feathers. They're tiny and fluffy for such a short time, but I can't wait to see mine with their beautiful sleek big girl feathers too, so it's all good. ;)

Here they are a few weeks ago:

And today:

Last edited:
Aww, so glad she got a friend! They are so cute together. ^-^

They really do grow too fast. My little ones are 3 1/2 weeks old now and getting in their adult feathers. They're tiny and fluffy for such a short time, but I can't wait to see mine with their beautiful sleek big girl feathers too, so it's all good. ;)

Here they are a few weeks ago:

And today:

Oh my gosh, I love that awkward half feather/half down stage!

Back
Top Bottom