The strangest thing you have ever eaten

LOL don't think it was BRAVE enough to try them..... I think it was DRUNK enough to try them!!!!!
lol.png

First let me say that my MIL is from mexico origanally and so these are common although I don't eat them often as if you think about it ..well it doesn't go down so well.

Tipas de leche in manudo ( a soup made with cow stomach linning)

Taco's de cabesa ( taco's made with cow brain)

Taco's de langua ( taco's made with cow tonge)

Yummmy LOL

In Greece when I was 16 (with my family): "Pig's Balls" (that was the English translation on the menu!!

Crystalline Stile from raw conch (male sex organ, weird gelatinous rod)

Various snails, conchs, raw shellfish, etc.

Chocolate ants (my dad got them in his Christmas stocking one year)

Tongue

Lots and lots of raw fish in sushi or ceviche form

Earthworms. For 7th grade "gifted and talented" we were studying alternative energy -waaaaaay back in 1979!!- and our teacher made us collect earthworms and he made lasagna out of them. It was gritty and disgusting.

Semi-normal stuff like alligator, ostrich, buffalo, goat, deer/venison, eel.

I posted all of the "odd" things my mother would serve for dinner based on what I called "odd/strange". However it did teach me to try all foods. I travel for a living and try local and ethnic foods whereever I go. The list of things I love/like but don't consider strange (may be that So. Lousiana thing):

Raw oysters, mussels, clams
boiled crawfish
caviar
escargot
sushi
fried alligator, rabbit, squirrel, frog legs
hog head cheese (and yes it's made with a hog's head but is so good and spicey)
buffalo, elk, moose, ostrich (just take a trip to Denver and have dinner at The Fort - serves all of the above)
Mexican, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese Food

There's probably nothing I wouldn't try once and probably have. Makes life adventurous.

moose
bear
ground squirrel
rabbit
bison
deer
octupus
squid
hooligan (candlefish)
tripe
tongue
steak and kidney pie
ostrich
emu
homemade blood sausage
wierd bitter indian pickles
celery root (not really weird but not common here)
sour lassi (a yogurt drink)
kumquats
leechee
my mom's cooking
lol.png

my personal favorite, but somewhat wierd food is fresh pineapple with pickled ginger.

I have had any kind of seafood put in front of me (including raw), snails, frogs legs, pickled pigs feet, tripe, ostrich, various game, buffalo, camel, alligator, and crocodile.

I think those things are fairly tame, just meat. I mean most people eat bacteria poop (yogurt), mold byproduct (cheese), and the idea of mayonnaise is disgusting (oil and raw egg yolks? bleh!)

I have never had brains or male parts.

Quote:
I love it! (I know I'm not Ruth, but my grandmother was named Ruth....)
It doesn't taste fishy to me, it's salty. The first time I had it was at my grandparents' (yes, the Ruth grandmother) 40th anniversary party. I was 10. I thought they were cute little berries. I loved the taste even though it wasn't what I was expecting. My cousin told me what it really was and my response was, "Who cares what it is, it's good!!" They then apparently had to tell me to leave some for the rest of the guests.
hmm.png

Well, I haven't eaten too many strange things in my life..lol.
The most weirdest things that I have eaten were

Chitlerings
Berty Bots Every Flavored Beans(LOL)my son tricked me!!
Head Cheese(not bad)
Dried Cuttlefish
chocolate covered cricket(it was a dare)

Back
Top Bottom