The strangest thing you have ever eaten

I think the strangest humor lies in the fact that some people are put off by what they consider strange food, yet they never think about or question what's in the food served to them at a fast food joint or what's in the frozen food containers at the supermarket. Hugh?

Excellent point Yogiman. I agree totally.
There is all sorts of things in the food we buy from the store.
Did you know that the government allows a certain percentage of insects in our food. Like in bread etc?
So we actually eat more "strange" things that we think we do.

Yeah, I used to love cottage cheese. "Used to", until I read in a US Food and Drug Report that the state of California was the only state that did not permit plaster of paris in their cottage cheese. Go figure.

I've had deer sausages. I overcooked them and they tasted like crap.
sad.png

I make my chili with ground buffalo(American Bison) and I've eaten buffalo(American Bison) in a sandwich.

Slifer and I once split a box of Fear Factor Taco or Nacho flavoured Mealworms.

For this past Christmas, my DS's friend gave me a pair of lollipops with insects in them. One's a mealworm and the others a cricket...Obelisk and Penny can have the cricket...

I love Calamari. DH is Greek so he loves it.

They are allowed to have up to 8 insect legs in each chocolate bar...eat up!

Quote:
Yes, that was the list of "strange" things that I love. I don't particularly like fish and don't find caviar fishy tasting but it is cold, salty and crunchy. The really expensive kind - $120 per ounce and up - is the only way to go. The cheap stuff just isn't the same.

Turkey nuts! Ok, we were waiting in the lounge of a popular steakhouse for what seemed like hours and we started socializing with another couple. They offered us some of their appetizer to go with our "happy" drinks. I was pretty "happy" and very hungry and the battered fried appetizer tasted pretty good until they told me what it was. . .

I've also had bear meat - a friend of ours has bear dogs and he hunts bear in Northern CA. I had a hard time with this one because I love bears and it's not like we had to eat it or starve! Didn't want to be rude, so I ate it.

Back
Top Bottom