The strangest thing you have ever eaten

Alligator, Black Bear, Emu, Goat, Octopus, Ostrich, and Jelly Fish.

Any one tried durian (the fruit)? I tried to but couldn't make it past the smell.

I do not think of them as strange but I eat or have eaten alot of foods that some would consider strange. Crawfish, shark, gator, sushi, rattlesnake, turtle, froglegs, dandelions, Kudzu, calamari, rabbit, goat, squirrel, robins breast and chocolate covered grasshopper. Many I can't think of at the moment. I was not told what the chocolate covered grasshopper was until I ate it but it was not bad. I want to try raccoon just because this area is overrun with them. I will try armadillo when they get to sustainable levels here.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has said they have eaten crow.
lol.png

My mothers family is from down in Cajun country, so alot of what Yogiman & Ruth says I've ate. Crawfish are my fav tho.
I'm surprised no one has said they have eaten crow.

LOl, that's funny.My cousins in Mamou, used to eat blackbird.
big_smile.png

My ex-MIL tricked me into eating ostrich. :mad: It does taste like beef.​

I've had elk,bison,shark,alligator,most things wild as DH is a huntr but the strangest thing I've had is Armadillo. that was years ago when we were involved with Scouting. The older boys cooked it for evryone to sample. tasted like rubbery chicken

Yuck...Armadillo,
I had a dream once that I was at bingo and won a deli type sandwich...I took a bite and then looked at the sandwich...between the bread slices was a live armadillo...ever since the word armadillo makes me nauseated. LOL

Quote:
LOL! Maybe that's why the organic cottage cheese I bought the other day didn't taste quite like I remember cottage cheese tasting: it didn't have any yummy Plaster of Paris in it!!!

Seriously, though... The more I learn about what's really in most supermarket food, the more I make our meals from scratch and use organic stuff. I'm surprised, with this enormous beef recall going on, that there hasn't been more discussion in the media not only about processing sick cows, but about what cows are allowed to eat: heat-treated municipal garbage, stale chewing gum in the aluminum wrappers, stale candy, chicken poo and litter, etc. And of course the such-and-such percent of rat poop allowed in processed food by the FDA. Ick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom