The strangest thing you have ever eaten

Quote:
That's Korean, and anyway dog / cat is a delicacy, which isn't going to be served up to American customers who would quickly desert the business upon finding out what was in there.

Before I stopped eating meat (aged 11) I ate all sorts of things, and I continue to eat all the seafood . . .
Reindeer (in Norway)
Venison (there's a deer farm down the road)
Raw Bison & Buffalo Stew (in Canada)
Crayfish, Squid, Octopus, Sushi (regarded as normal here but there you go)
Tongue
Fish eggs
Shark
Hare
Rabbit

My grandpa makes his own wine and I did drink it a few times in my childhood (no one else in my family will touch it) before coming to my senses and sticking to the shop bought stuff. There are two good reasons for it - 1. it's foul, and 2. him and food hygiene just don't go together. He may have a stomach like cast iron but we don't.

There's actually a limit (not a ban!) on the amount of rat poo in flour on the principle that it is impossible to keep rats out of the silos.

My parents have eaten calf brains (before BSE!) and seagull :x

Quote:
Yes, that was the list of "strange" things that I love. I don't particularly like fish and don't find caviar fishy tasting but it is cold, salty and crunchy. The really expensive kind - $120 per ounce and up - is the only way to go. The cheap stuff just isn't the same.

That's the truth. We were lucky enough to have some while in Russia. Heavenly!!

Quote:
Yep. Again, when I read some of the "weird" things y'all've eaten, I cocked my head to the side, raised an eyebrow and went "Haw?" because I'm so used to eating / seeing this stuff everyday.

Makes me wonder what y'all eat everyday!

i never considered crawdad strange, i eat it when ever i get a chance. etouffee is an excellent dish.

Quote:
shark should not be "weird" to eat. I had macko and blue tip shark. I love to marinade shark in soy sauce then bake it or grill it.

Quote:
forgot to add that cows are fed cement

Where did you read that cows were fed cement?! We've never fed ours cement, nor can I imagine why you'd ever do that!!

it was one of those peta based websites but they arnt like peta. I also was listening to the news and hear that they used dead rotting cows in burging king and mcdonalds restaurants. The factory was only slapped with a warning and not sued.

I guess I get to try something new. My wife picked up some oxtail to use in soup. I hope it is very good. It looks like almost all cartilage and costs as much as newyork strip steak.

Back
Top Bottom