1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

the sultan thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by technodoll, Nov 30, 2009.

1. cluck-cluck

cluck-cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you. Unfortunately, I fed them their feed too wet yesterday, and they're all dirty again, LOL. They had been cleaning up.... back to square one!
    Oh gosh, I'm so sorry :( I hope you'll try again?

2. Jharper

Jharper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    I am and this time I'm going to have about how many eggs she will lay, and I'm going to hatch them ALL out.

3. sorry harper, that stinks. [​IMG]

4. cluck-cluck

Oh, I hope you end up with a great hatch rate and lots of Sultans! And that you take lots of pictures! My girls are getting older. This week they turned 16 weeks old, so I really have to finish their nesting box or they won't have anywhere to go! LOL.

Well, hope everyone's Sultans are doing really well! I adore mine, they're so silly and cute!

5. Jharper

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    I do, too!!!!! Now my Aunt just called me and said that Rocky isn't feeling to good. :( Hopefully he will get better.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  6. cluck-cluck

Aww, your boy lives at your aunt's house? I hope he gets better!

7. Jharper

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    I have three Roos and I switch them out every couple of weeks.

8. cluck-cluck

All Sultans? Or do you have other birds?

9. Jharper

Oct 20, 2012
    Tifton, Ga
    I have two EE's then Rocky. It's hard to keep my EE's from fighting one another.

10. cluck-cluck

Well, I hope your Rocky will be all better tomorrow! Ask your aunt if she can feed him some plain yogurt or put ACV (apple cider vinegar) in his water (just a bit) But if it might be Coccidosis you best get on it right away. SilkiesForEver lost her girl to it, and I understand it can go fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by