the sultan thread

I am so glad you got some to hatch. I got about 12 more as chicks this year. Plus some mottled houdans
here are some pics of my new ones. I got 2 shipments of clicks a month apart. They live with my 2 runner ducks the same age for now.

2 out of my 4 eggs so far have an external pip. I'm so excited :) They are due tomorrow but I just hatched some buff polish and 2 of those hatched a day early. So I'll be watching the Sultans today with fingers crossed all 4 make it.

*edit - Someone needs to warn us newbies to crested breeds they are born with lumps on their heads. I thought it was just feather fluff! When my first polish chick hatched I nearly cried at the deformity...ok it wasn't deformed but the big head lump scared me to death.

Last edited:
2 out of my 4 eggs so far have an external pip. I'm so excited :) They are due tomorrow but I just hatched some buff polish and 2 of those hatched a day early. So I'll be watching the Sultans today with fingers crossed all 4 make it.

*edit - Someone needs to warn us newbies to crested breeds they are born with lumps on their heads. I thought it was just feather fluff! When my first polish chick hatched I nearly cried at the deformity...ok it wasn't deformed but the big head lump scared me to death.

Lol, yeah, it looks like a fluff but is a bump
lol.png
. Sorry newbie for the scare!:p

Back
Top Bottom