the sultan thread

First, you get all dressed up, then go to a bar and hope a cute guy catches your eye then one thing leads to another and wallah, fertilized egg!!! :caf  

Actually, I could send some, but not sure to Libya...May be cheaper to just ship live birds...If you cover the expenses, I'll personally carrier them to you!

Lol, really funny:p.

Are sultans known to be nervous? I added my chicks to my other chicks today and one sultan flipped over and spazzed out. He was ok after a few minutes

It is a very nervous chick. Sorry I had posted as Gpop1 since I was on his phone at the time.

Since the episode, I have put the chick in the coop for a little while at a time and then brought him back in to the brooder. He's still very nervous and will often just stand in the middle and peep rather than go hang with the other chickens. He's getting so upset out there he refuses to eat or drink and I nearly lost him the first time I tried to leave him out longer. It's florida and by the time I got him inside he was drooping and nearly dead. I managed to get some chick saver into him and then using a crop needle gave him some baby bird food(he was feeling very skinny). He perked right up. Now I'm scared he's going to end up being a house chicken. Not sure how that's going to go over with hubby
lau.gif

Strangely enough, CB the cross beaked chick is doing really well outside. He's chasing the young roo's around and scraping with them. Even eating and drinking really well, growing like a weed whereas the nervous chick is smaller and prefers his(or her) food nearly powdered.

It is a very nervous chick.  Sorry I had posted as Gpop1 since I was on his phone at the time.

Since the episode, I have put the chick in the coop for a little while at a time and then brought him back in to the brooder.  He's still very nervous and will often just stand in the middle and peep rather than go hang with the other chickens.  He's getting so upset out there he refuses to eat or drink and I nearly lost him the first time I tried to leave him out longer.  It's florida and by the time I got him inside he was drooping and nearly dead.  I managed to get some chick saver into him and then using a crop needle gave him some baby bird food(he was feeling very skinny).  He perked right up.  Now I'm scared he's going to end up being a house chicken.  Not sure how that's going to go over with hubby :lau

Strangely enough, CB the cross beaked chick is doing really well outside.  He's chasing the young roo's around and scraping with them.  Even eating and drinking really well, growing like a weed whereas the nervous chick is smaller and prefers his(or her) food nearly powdered.

I would really recommend keeping him inside. Different chickens want different things, you know?

I would really recommend keeping him inside. Different chickens want different things, you know?

who.....what.....where.....what chicken.... honey we need to talk....... whats that honey there's a six pack in the fridge......forgot what I was going to say........couldn't have been important........ love you to.

Back
Top Bottom