The Sussex thread!

I have just bought six Sussex hens and even tho other only 10 weeks old and giving me bother getting them to roost I would only have this breed of chicken there fantastic birds I think that will be a lot of fun to keep

very sorry for your loss, Johnn.
hugs.gif
Thank you :)

This is not a joke. I bury my nose in alot of chicken feathers. So fluffy and soft. I have 2 SS and got 2 more-Lord knows why. Does anyone else find that they smell better than any other chicken? Mine always smell kind of spring fresh.

This is not a joke. I bury my nose in alot of chicken feathers. So fluffy and soft. I have 2 SS and got 2 more-Lord knows why. Does anyone else find that they smell better than any other chicken? Mine always smell kind of spring fresh.
???
Can't say I've noticed it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of people logging off to go chicken-sniffing today.
Mine smell more earthy - like clay. Of course we've had so much rain & flooding up here, my chickens may have to learn how to swim soon.

???
Can't say I've noticed it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of people logging off to go chicken-sniffing today.
Mine smell more earthy - like clay. Of course we've had so much rain & flooding up here, my chickens may have to learn how to swim soon.

We had all that rain last month here in Oklahoma. I am origionally from Southern Michigan and my home town is almost under water right now. Oklahoma now has more lush growth than I have ever seen in my 11 years here. I hope you will all soon dry up and have great gardens.

I have 2 little SS pullets that are about 3 mo. old and they are already becoming favorites; insist like a kitten to be held. I am sure they wont mond being sniffed.

Back
Top Bottom