The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

Pics
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, MY CAP LOCK IS STUCK. frown emoticon

AS SOON AS THE VVEATHER IS BETTER THESE GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET OUTSIDE! IT'S JUST STILL PRETTY CHILLY AT NIGHT. THEY ARE MATURING QUICK AND ARE GREAT FLYERS! LOL

TODAY AT ABOUT 6 VVEEKS OLD AND VVHEN I FIRST GOT THEM 4 VVEEKS AGO.

AS SOON AS THE VVEATHER IS BETTER THESE GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET OUTSIDE! IT'S JUST STILL PRETTY CHILLY AT NIGHT. THEY ARE MATURING QUICK AND ARE GREAT FLYERS! LOL

TODAY AT ABOUT 6 VVEEKS OLD AND VVHEN I FIRST GOT THEM 4 VVEEKS AGO.
They are beautiful! Looks like you have a few little roosters in there. The hona roo's tend to get their combs early, I think. It's good they are still with you...they need that socialization or else they can be flighty.

hey aj here again
any chance for a dozen or so eggs again did oj=kay last hatch got a better set up now

Im getting a breeding pair soon
lol.png

Yes, I ended up ith 3 cockerels and 3 pullets. I narrowed it to the trio I am going to keep and the others are going to their ne home saturday.Great birds! They come out and roost on me as I clean their cage. They're heading into their actual coop this eekend though. They are far too big to be in the house anymore. Food has been my friend ith them. They see me coming and RUN to me so not too nervous about them being flighty. :)

Quick question! I am hatching out four eggs. I am on day 18 and was wondering if these birds had any quirks when they hatch? Humidity or anything I may need to know.

And I was forced to move my coop I keep my Swedish pair in and she quit laying. I have lights on for her. Any ideas on how to get her laying again?

She was giving me almost an egg daily.

Last edited:
Quick question! I am hatching out four eggs. I am on day 18 and was wondering if these birds had any quirks when they hatch? Humidity or anything I may need to know.

And I was forced to move my coop I keep my Swedish pair in and she quit laying. I have lights on for her. Any ideas on how to get her laying again?

Hona's are supposed to lay around 90 eggs a year. It's my second year with mine now & they just started laying again last week after several winter months off. I am sure yours will start again when the sunshine moves her. When I hatched my own they were well timed...21 day hit...the pips came. I hatched mostly in my cabinet in a staggered hatch & they did fine with humidity around 50%. However, I can not recommend humidity for anyone because I think so many variables come into play. Happy hatching...Let's see some pics!!!

If she was living in that coop, it could have been the move that cut her off, shell come back on laying when she feels like it, you can also boost protein, but purpletie3 is right they only lay so many eggs a year.

Back
Top Bottom