The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

HeatherKellyB

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
That is good news!

You might get some of the Svart Hons henst to lay too. Lets hope!
Zelda, my Svart Hona pullet, has been laying for almost 3 weeks now. Today is the first day that she's not laid since she started! I've been shocked. Her eggs are small, but she is also quite petite at 2.5lbs. I worry thinking about her laying large/xlarge eggs. Zelda is so special and loves human attention. She is very scrappy with any and all other birds, no matter their size

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
Zelda, my Svart Hona pullet, has been laying for almost 3 weeks now. Today is the first day that she's not laid since she started! I've been shocked. Her eggs are small, but she is also quite petite at 2.5lbs. I worry thinking about her laying large/xlarge eggs. Zelda is so special and loves human attention. She is very scrappy with any and all other birds, no matter their size
Good news on the egg laying!

BOSS(black oil sunflower seeds) might be a good thing to give her-- to make sure she is getting enough oil for her vent

HeatherKellyB

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
Good news on the egg laying!

BOSS(black oil sunflower seeds) might be a good thing to give her-- to make sure she is getting enough oil for her vent
Thank you! I'll offer her some this morning. I know she loves regular sunflower hearts. The BOSS I have is still in the hull. Some like it and others don't. I'm anxious to find out about her

Top Bottom