The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

Pics
12 are good, two are questionable. Left them in just in case. Getting excited for hatch.
fl.gif

Congrats with your progress!

I'm new to this thread but have had Svart Honas for a year. I find them very Hardy breed and easy to hatch. Right now I have hatching eggs,chicks, and juvinels hatched March 2. Plus my original breeders. They are greenfire rooster X ewe crazy hens. Pam

Last edited:
That's good to hear Pam. These are my first 14 eggs of this breed and I am so ready for hatch day, but I still have 2 weeks left. It is so hard waiting.

It gets easier. I have some due to hatch in two days so far every hona egg made it. I have a few other breeds in there too. Pam

How soon can you start telling if you have girls or boys? I have 3 beautiful babies and I was wondering when I would be able to tell.

And something tried getting mama and papa last night. Their coop is pushed in on both sides and I have to fix it. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

That riled me up!

I just got one Svart Hona egg from Pam when I bought a pair of Sulmtalers. Didn't want to risk getting 2 boys & figured could buy mate, later. It hatched so easy & is so vigorous /healthy I should have gotten more!

Back
Top Bottom