The sweetest thing!!

realsis

Crazy for Silkies
11 Years
Jan 17, 2013
California
Today I took one of very spoiled birds out to free range. I have to watch them when they free range because we have many hawks. Well she was eating her grass and I sat down by her to watch her. Then I laid down on my side and she came up to me and laid down beside me.we both were enjoying the sun. I started petting her back. She began to purr!! She continued to purr loudly for about 20 minutes!! I didn't know chickens purred!! I've heard them make the happy sound clucks when I gave treats before but this time she actually sat and purred!! It was the sweetest sound I've ever heard!! She obviously was truely enjoying our time together. I just had to share this sweet little story with you all. Its amazing the bonds that chickens can develop with there owners. Chickens never cease to suprise me. They really are loving creatures!! A purring chicken I never would have thought it! Thanks for reading.

Today I took one of very spoiled birds out to free range. I have to watch them when they free range because we have many hawks. Well she was eating her grass and I sat down by her to watch her. Then I laid down on my side and she came up to me and laid down beside me.we both were enjoying the sun. I started petting her back. She began to purr!! She continued to purr loudly for about 20 minutes!! I didn't know chickens purred!! I've heard them make the happy sound clucks when I gave treats before but this time she actually sat and purred!! It was the sweetest sound I've ever heard!! She obviously was truely enjoying our time together. I just had to share this sweet little story with you all. Its amazing the bonds that chickens can develop with there owners. Chickens never cease to suprise me. They really are loving creatures!! A purring chicken I never would have thought it! Thanks for reading.
She sounds very sweet.
smile.png
I, too, didn't know that chickens could purr! Though mine sometimes coo and chirr softly and contentedly when I pet them--maybe its their form of purring? Your hen sounds a lot like one of my hens, a 2 1/2 year old Columbian Wyandotte. Even as a little chick, she always used to take shelter near me, napping against my side in the sunlight when she got cold and tired. Now that she's older, she comfortably rests her neck on my leg, stretching it out and burrowing into me as I scratch her head. She's very spoiled, too...

I just love it! Most folks don't realize how wonderful chickens are! They aren't just chickens they are FAMILY!!!!! I love them so much! People think I'm strange but I have a real bond with my birds. Sometimes I'll bring one inside and they will perch on the couch next to me while I watch tv!! Here is a picture of my sweet milly on the couch watching tv. Chickens are gifts from God they bring so much joy! She loves to perch on the arm of the couch. She's a black silkie.

Back
Top Bottom